PDA

View Full Version : not alot of sleep

morob
17-08-09, 12:04
Hi
Just over 5 weeks of cipralex 5mg in a morning, it is taking me until nearly lunchtime to get going , and i feel my best in an evening, even though i go to bed feeling really tired it takes a while to fall asleep and then i might get 2/3 hours and for the rest of the night i am tossing and turning , hot sweats and dreams, i am awake from about 6am just trying to get some more sleep, at the minuet i am signed off work, don't know how i would cope if i had to go .

I wondered if anyone else has felt like this, and if so does it ease, and has anyone had sucess for anxiety with 5mg ?
Would i be better changing my tablet to evening, and if so how do i go about this ?
Thank you

Panic33
17-08-09, 23:42
I have currently just started cipralex 5mg (few days). I took in the morn but give me awful panic attacks at work so switch to night, problem is now I too wake thro the night having mad dreams and panic attacks.

WillLatch
18-08-09, 00:01
I started 5mg of Cipralex 5 weeks ago.. and upped to 10mg 2 weeks ago. And today I start at 15mg. I DELIBERATELY take mine at 11pm so that any side effects could "happen" hopefully while asleep. But I also take 10mgs of Zolpidem at midnight to make sure I GO to sleep. With my limited Diazepam during the day to help with the anxiety I am ploughing on into the world of Cipralex. The irony being that this drug is one that can potentially make you feel worse before it makes you better. PERHAPS discussions with your GPs about something to help you kip might ease the distress. Good luck.