PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Lucie
17-08-09, 19:02
I'm Lucie and i'm in need of some support and advice from people who understand about anxiety and depression and who won't keep telling me to 'cheer up' or keep telling me 'don't keep being depressed' Yes thank-you for those wise words i feel so much better now.:lac:

I was on Citalopram for about three years before deciding to start coming of them.Y thought the time was right....I was so wrong. It took me a very long time, kept having set backs and kept going back to a higher dose, but after a long hard struggle to get off them i finally managed to do it...it lasted just over a week. Today i went back to the dr's and i am now back on 20mg. I was originally on 40mg. The week i was off them was torture, all the symptoms of withdrawal plus it was seriously affecting my diabetes control. That's one of the reasons why i felt i had no choice but to go back on them. Just curious, is there any other diabetics here that are on ad's ?

Anyway that's enough about me for now. Glad i came across this forum.

Lucie.

doorbell
17-08-09, 23:28
:welcome: Lucie

I know how difficult it is to try and lift yourself out of depression and of course if you could you would-no one enjoys being like this!
Do you get any support from anyone? Your partner, family, friends etc? Sometimes it helps to have someone who just listens even though they can't actually do anything to help, except knowing that they care about you.
I'm trying to pull myself up from despair but so far not getting very far-sometimes one step up and then 2 steps down!! I feel that I'm pushing a "self destruct" button.
Although I don't have diabetes I do take meds for epilepsy and am on Citalopram. Messed up my seizure control for a time but now seems to have calmed down although I don't think I'm getting much benefit from Citalopram-GP says I should stick it out for a few more months.
Anyway enough about me, just to let you know that I have some understanding of how you feel.
Take care

Doorbell

Pip01
18-08-09, 21:02
Hi Lucie

I think that unless someone has experienced anxiety/depression they cannot really understand what it is like. People don't mean to be unkind, they just don't have enough insight into how you are feeling.

I have tried coming off Seroxat and it is really hard. I find reducing the dose not too bad, but after a few weeks or months the anxiety and panic come back. But I will keep trying! Has your doctor suggested any other treatment, such as CBT?

Steve