PDA

View Full Version : Hot all the time - Cancer Phobia HELP!!

CrazyCool
06-10-05, 19:45
I have been worrying that I have been feeling hot on and off for the past couple of weeks. I have had a blood test which turned out fine and a chest xray also - because I was having chest tightness. I got on the internet (big mistake) and keep working that it's cancer - leukemia etc... even though my blood test came out fine. Has anyone else had this problem? Please Help

nomorepanic
06-10-05, 19:52
Hi

I was just wondering how you relate being hot to having cancer?

I am always hot - I have done posts about it before - I have been like it for years but I certainly don't think it is cancer.

I don't know what causes mine but I just accept that I get hot a lot.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

carlin
06-10-05, 20:25
Hi there,
If you have been checked over and had relevant tests, i would truly be re-assured by that! I get very hot/flushed especially when having a panic/stressful time, i always have all the windows open, day or night, much to the distress of my family. As you say please stop checking the internet for symptoms etc..it only adds to our thoughts.take care.

JPF
06-10-05, 20:27
If you've had the blood test and x-ray then don't worry - you're fine. It's probably that you're either prone to hot flushes naturally or you're just noticing them more and thus making yourself more aware of them. They're either something you've always had or something you're exaggerating because you're now aware of it. That kind of thing happens to us anxious types :)

Stay off the internet health sites and stick to places like this instead - a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing and all of us can find several conditions for which we have all if not most of the symptoms when we check the health sites.

Forget about it - it's not cancer :)

All the best
J

CrazyCool
06-10-05, 20:55
Thanks for all the advice everyone - your great!

Meg
06-10-05, 20:59
Keep away from internet searching. You will always find something to scare you.

Doesn't sound like any cancer connections to me.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?