PDA

View Full Version : Am i beyond help !!

glennibabe
18-08-09, 10:42
Hello, obviously im new to this, ive had this website in my favourites for a while and found the information great. plucked up courage to join.

I am 40 yrs been suffering for about 20 years, its a contstant battle, It Does my head in !!

I have anxiety, panic slight OCD, some times are worse than others. I try hard to overcome it and i know i have been so much worse.

Ive had treatment, councelling, you name it ive had it. Ive learnt to live with it and try to manage it.

Its been great reading the members stories its something to relate to. Im feeling crap at the mo I put it down to being a teacher, and on school holidays too much time to think !!

Thanks NMP

:)

june
18-08-09, 14:02
:welcome: I had to smile when i read your post - you answered your own question - "too much time to think":yesyes:
As you are new:blush: my first advice is to have a read from the list of ""problems and issues"" on left of screen.
There is a lot of useful info in there (you might need a sandwich and a cuppa) there is plenty to read.
there is some info that i copied and carry with me, so when i feel uneasy i can reread it for reasurance.
Hope this helps
best wishes
June

Alicat
18-08-09, 14:38
:welcome: Hi there,

I just wanted to say I can completely relate to your 'too much time to think'! When I was at school and university I HATED the holidays. They were awful and I'd get really depressed. I now work in a college and have the same problem. I'm doing better than I was at the beginning of the holidays but it's hard! I'm trying to keep myself busy.

Anyway...hello!

gypsywomen
18-08-09, 15:03
hope you ifind help on here its the best site on the net:winks:

Thumbelina
18-08-09, 15:51
yes - being a teacher is a very brave choice

especially with anxiety

Hope you find this site as helpfull as me