PDA

View Full Version : whats yours.

tina2004
13-01-04, 15:18
what is everyones symptoms,what do u all feel like on a day to day basis,i get phycical symptoms and also thoughts in my head,,not thoughts like im going daft but my mind just runs wild,,id just like to know if people out there feel like me,,im convinced anxiety doesnt make people feel so bad like i do.this is what i get ,i get up in morning heart racing,,even if i feel ok i worry about feeling ok its daft,i get pains in my chest ,feelings like i cant breath deep anuf,pains in my side and belly,noises like a pulse in my ears ,humming noises
in my head,shaky feelings,sore neck muscles ,back pain,sore heads,a horrible feeling in my throat,ive got that just now its horrible its like i want to be sick and it will feel better,i get these symptoms but not all at the same time,i also think im dying all the time,i worry constantly about every thing,every wee ache and pain i think the worst,im just totally terrified 24 hours a day,and if i try say to myself im ok i say but what if im not ok,im also trying to take ciprimil but too scared of what the side effects will do.i saw my pycaytrist today and he says ive not too see him again as theres nothing he can do to help me,ive got to try get over this myself,im still seeing my cpn,my phycaytrist said i shouldnt have saw him in the first place as hes not the one who helps people like me.so any one got advice on how i can help myself as ive tryed and aint getting nowhere.

kate
13-01-04, 15:47
Hiya Tina,

Believe me, all of the symptoms that you have noted are all anxiety related.

I know myself that it is so hard to believe that there is nothing physically wrong but if you can at least accept that the symptoms are all due to anxiety, then that is half the battle won.

You say that you still see a CPN. Has the CPN suggested that you see a psychologist? A psychologist will talk to you in depth to get to the root cause of the anxiety.

They then give you small "tasks" to be undertaken, usually on a weekly basis.

When I went, I also had to fill in a daily sheet, which included rating your anxiety on a scale of 1-10 in respect of mood that day, and when carrying out every day tasks.

May be worth asking your CPN about it anyway.

Kate x

Meg
13-01-04, 16:07
Hi tina,

Exactly as Kate has said , these are all very common anxiety symptoms and as soon as you can accept them , the easier it is to make progress rather than denying the cause is anxiety and constantly loking for a illness or physical cause.

What are you doing currently to help yourself - apart from your CPN ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sadie
13-01-04, 19:40
Hi Tina,

I felt like you did up until recently and still do to a lesser degree but getting there! Anyway, every symptom, feeling, fear you describe I too have felt. Radar is right by saying the only way to control these symptoms is too loose your fear of them and accept them, that they are due to anxiety and not some serious illness.

Easier said than done I know, but through patience and practice eventually you do start to get a grip of them and feel less scared of them.

CBT is a good way to do this as it shows you how your thoughts can actually be the cause of your anxiety and PA. Therefore, the key is to change your thoughts into positive ones and then the PA have no fear to feed on and therefore eventually disappear.

Firstly start believing that your symptoms are just anxiety and they CAN make you feel so bad, but they are harmless and will do you know harm.

Keep in touch!!

sadie

tina2004
13-01-04, 19:44
how did u all help urself to stop worring,r u on tablets or what.and did u all feel like i did horrible like a ill feeling all the time,

sarah
13-01-04, 20:28
Hiya Tina

Put it this way, for the first 2 weeks after my panic started i didnt leave my bed except to go to the loo. I didnt eat, wash (ohh was I stinky), didnt talk to anyone and had CONSTANT panic attacks...I seriously thought I was dying!!!!

Eventually I went back to work after 6 weeks and then 6 months later they closed my work down and I was made redundant. The panic came back worse than ever and I became agoraphobic.

Well thats my story in a nutshell and I have to say the there is a list of things that helped me:-

This site..thanks Nic!and everyone else who has listened to my probs!
Medication...Im on Cipramil 20mg/day (I had no real side effects)
Councelling...I had group and one to one sessions through my GP
Breathing techniques...Slowly breathe in for count of 3, out for 4.
My emergency kit...contains rescue remedy, one diazepam, water, paper bag, mobile phone. i take this with me when i go out.
My hubby...Dragging me out even when i didnt want to go
My mum...Who force fed me baby food to get me eating (seriously!)
Keeping busy...Im now a DIY queen, my house has never looked so good!
and most of all
POSITIVE THINKING...I was sick of being the way i was and i constantly strive to get back to 'normal'. I want to be the fun person I was instead of sitting alone all day feeling sorry for myself. That was the biggest incentive.

Tina, I still feel bad every now and then but nothing like I did before.

I hope you see that there is hope from my post, I really was the worst I ever thought someone could be without actually dropping down dead, but now looking back its almost hard to believe I was ever that bad.

Keep your chin up mate, you will get there!!

love Sarah
xx

angie3077
23-01-04, 18:09
Tina2004

I can't believe how similar you sound to me ! Strange![:0]
I also worry all the time, when I am not worrying I worry why I am not worrying, that makes sense right?
Anyway I wondered if you have counselling, I know you mentioned a physciatrist but have you tried group therapy or anything like that, I am going to one every week and find it beneficial, as the people there are all there for different reasons, not at all like mine and I find when I am trying to explain what it is I suffer with to them I sometimes am answering my own questions in doing so and realising a few things about myself too, and the guys at the group along with the leader always have good ideas in learning how to cope with your problems and you also see very clearly that there are always people out there that are worse off than you too, although when you are at a your worst it is hard to see that!
My symptons are all like what you have said and I also have irregular 'skipped' heartbeats which are very scary and hard to deal with but all your symptons sound very familiar to me so really you are not the only one.
I too beleive that its only us that can sort it out for ourselves no one else can do it for us ! Its just doing it that is the problem at the moment, right?
Anyway I hope you are ok at the moment, not worrying too much and you should keep posting on here as I really think it helps.

Speak soon
Angie
x