PDA

View Full Version : Omega 3 & Depression

Trev
06-10-05, 22:02
Just a quickie to say that on the "Horizon" BBC2 programme tonight there was a study that had showed success on one patient (who had a long history of depression and suicidal tendancies) using Omega 3 supplements.
They did say it wasn't a proper clinical trial so it is far from conclusive but I just thought I'd post about it for those that didn't see the programme in case there is something in it.

Cheers,
Trev

Trev
06-10-05, 22:14
Whoops. Sorry Nic, just seen your other post.

Hope you are well.

Trev x

nomorepanic
07-10-05, 08:49
Trev

No worries.

I did record it but haven't watched it yet as I wanted to concentrate on it and not be on MSN chatting at the same time.

I heard it was very good though.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

seh1980
07-10-05, 12:45
It was brilliant!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

desperate
07-10-05, 17:45
I will keep popping them then!!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

mjh74
08-10-05, 02:08
I've been taking an omega 3 fish oil capsule (high strength) and a seven seas multibionta vitamin for about 9 months without fail daily and through some of the hardest times of my life quite recently, I can honestly say it hasn't driven me to depression once. I've just moved up to 2 capsules a day, one morning, one evening.

Mark

april tones
18-10-05, 22:11
how do i enquire about these?> holland and barrat? i take vit b complex can i take? xx

apriltones

Lottie32
18-10-05, 22:40
They are commonly available from everywhere Superdrug to local health shop, Tescos (or any other reputable supermarket for that matter) to Holland and Barratt.

Some are sold as Omega 3 (sometimes with 6 etc), or as a brand name i.e. Eye Q.

I've found this very good, and hoping that when come off meds the supplements will see me through!

Charlie

Nemesis - Rita QofS I JFDI'd THEM!!!!!!