PDA

View Full Version : Does Fluoxetine Give You Side Affects?

kaz_2000
18-08-09, 12:32
Hi,ive just been the docs for my panic and anxiety problems & he's put me on 20mg fluoxetine which ive never had before,ive looked it up thou & found out you can get some bad side affects from it which i dont want with feeling already really ill with the anxiety,i was wondering if any1 else had ad any side affects with these or if theyve been a success :blush:

gypsywomen
18-08-09, 13:27
i started on them yesterday, 20mg the only thing i found bit of upset tum and bit tierd,, but i will take them i look at it this way cant feel any worse than i have done ,,plus last week stayed in bead,but now even after 2 deays doing housework feeling more alert.they wont harm you ,,if you write prozac into searh lot of comments on them ll the best ,,maggie

gypsywomen
18-08-09, 13:28
i started on them yesterday, 20mg the only thing i found bit of upset tum and bit tierd,, but i will take them, i look at it this way cant feel any worse than i have done ,,plus last week stayed in bead,but now even after 2 deays doing housework feeling more alert.they wont harm you ,,if you write prozac into searh lot of comments on them ll the best ,,maggie

Cat80
18-08-09, 14:00
I was on Fluoxetine earlier this year for anxiety and can honestly say after a month I had to stop taking them on the advice of my Dr. My anxiety was bad before starting the tablets but on them it was through the roof and I also felt really drugged up and sick. Dr said because I'd noticed no improvements after a month they weren't right for me.

They do work great for loads of people though so please give them a try. Take them in the evenings rather than the morning otherwise you will feel tired all day, good luck

Alicat
18-08-09, 15:03
Hi there,

I didn't have any major problems with them. I had a couple of days of having a headache and feeling a bit woozy but nothing terrible. I know other people have had different experiences. Having said that, I was put on Citalopam a couple of years ago and had an awful time with them, when other people have found them brilliant.

Everyone is different. Give them a week and see how you react to them.

Good luck!

Mamfa85
18-08-09, 15:53
Hi,ive just been the docs for my panic and anxiety problems & he's put me on 20mg fluoxetine which ive never had before,ive looked it up thou & found out you can get some bad side affects from it which i dont want with feeling already really ill with the anxiety,i was wondering if any1 else had ad any side affects with these or if theyve been a success :blush:
hi iv been on fluxotine for 4 months,they take a while to work but have been helping me.hope they help u 2:)

MaddyMoo
18-08-09, 21:38
Hi

I had side effects for around 12 weeks then my dosage was upped to 40mg and had more side effects for a couple of weeks. Now I am feeling great and they have changed my life in that I am functioning again and enjoying my life again.

Remember that you are on a course of treatment it does take a good few weeks for the meds to settle. Please try and give it a try it will be worth it if you try and stick it out.

The best advice my GP gave me was to stick it out and there is now way that one month is long enough the meds dont settle for at least eight weeks.

Maddy x

Panickypants
18-08-09, 23:30
I am taking them now and have been since feb and i have to say for the first 2-3 weeks i felt like my anxiety was worse and i felt very nervy but i stuck with them a little longer and they finally started kicking in i do still have the off day but i now have more good than bad days x

Jules71
19-08-09, 10:46
Hi

I had been on fluoxetine a couple of years ago and they were fine. I was put back on them 3 weeks ago and they increased my feelings of anxiety immensely. I was having stomach problems, sweats, panic attacks and general attacks of anxiety. These kicked in after about 8 days of taking them, although the first few weeks are the worst these side effects should wear off. I saw my GP yesterday and he has taken me off them and put me on more anxiety based meds, as fluoxetine is an anti-depressant.

I hope this helps.
Jules

kenboon
19-08-09, 10:52
Different tablets will affect people in different ways Kaz. Why not try 10mg for a day or 2 to see how your body reacts to them if you are a bit worried about taking them?

Mich1111
19-08-09, 13:39
I've been on them for a couple of months, my anxiety got worse for the first 2 weeks then it settled down. They take a while to get into your system but I'm now able to go out the house and am back at work - something I couldnt do before I started taking them.

gypsywomen
21-08-09, 09:17
fluoxtine ok 5 day but getting bad tum cramps feeling hot and cod is this normal:winks: