PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

mockingbirdsing
18-08-09, 14:16
Hi there everyone, just a little post to introduce myself.

My name is Katie, I'm 21 years old and I believe I suffer from chronic health anxiety and OCD. Or at least I hope that's all it is and not some of the things I convince myself I have!

To cut several long storoies short, I have looked at this forum for quite a while but suddenly feel like I want to speak out. You lot on here have been a lifeline at times because sometimes I'm going out of my mind.

I have just read a post about being lightheaded/dizzy. Currently I am/have been convinced I have a brain tumor and the thought has been there for a while. I have a pain in my right temple which is short and sharp and am feeling lightheaded and almost as if things are unreal, like I'm in a dream or things are moving around me when i'm not. I feel as if the world is moving, I'm not dizzy because the room doesn't spin but I just feel as if the room is moving sometimes for a split second. It's very disturbing and I have been feelin this everyday for two weeks. Ever since in fact I read that it is the symprom of an acoustic neuroma brain tumor. I don't have very good balance either, i don't fall over but i'm constantly trying to stand on one leg and close my eyes etc just to check for more symptoms. A lot of the time I think I force them on myself but my rationality goes out of the window and the line of logic in my head is blurred. I cannot just sit back and think 'it is nothing but anxiety, chill out!' because I think to myself 'well if you don't worry it will come back and bite you in the arse'.

I have been convinced I have MS, a brain tumor, Cervical cancer and HIV. None have really left me and I feel emotionally a bit of a wreck. I was on Cipralex for six months but the anxiety is coming back now that I suddenly feel light headed and dizzy but not dizzy.

Can anyone tell me if they feel any of this? I just don't know what to do sometimes. I worry that if I concentrate too much on curing my anxiety i will find out that i was being too blase and that it isn't anxiety at all but actually something serious that is killing me and given that I wasted so much time not worrying and thinking it's all nothing i will have found things out too late!

I saw the doctor last week, he said there were no signs of a brain tumor but I didn't tell him about the lightheadedness/dizziness I was feeling. Now i'm going again at the end f this week because I have had the thought that I have skin cancer and it has spread to my brain.

Thanks to everyone, it is nice to meet/speak to you and I hope, despite your anxieties, you are all feeling well.

Katie xx

meg86
18-08-09, 16:58
Hi Katie :)

I am new to i am female 22 and sound exactly like you a few months ago.

your symptoms sound completely normal to me with someone who suffers from Anxiety, i had all your symptoms a few months ago and was obsessed! the only reason i dont have them now is because i am obsessed that i have a different medical problem (the joys of HA!)

Have a look at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AieDuVKSda0it really helped explain alot of things to me and dont feel silly about going to your doctor, i would ask him to refer you for CBT, i went on Saturday and should hopefully be starting mine soon. like you was contantly checking my balance, but now i dont think about it my balance is fine i was always doing that hand in front touch your nose thing! I felt lightheaded and hard the worst headaches ever!! i also got the dreamy feeling its called derealization. xx

marcc64
18-08-09, 22:32
Hi katie :)

You sound alot like me too be honest, i too am worrying about a brain tumor because of a range of symptoms i am having :( mainly twitches all over my body. Have a look around and you will see so many people with the same worries. Take care.

(ps. the above post will prob be deleted because i once made the mistake of posting a link to do with Charles Linden)

lucyfluff
19-08-09, 20:04
Hi Katie,

I am quite new to this site, and think I am suffering from health anxiety too, although you are never quite covinced what the doctor tells you at times! I am on my 3rd week of citalopram and starting to feel myself again slightly, so I would say go back to your GP and tell them how you feel again.
I did feel a right hyperchondriac because every time I went back they done tests and it was all clear, I also experienced the same excruciating headaches which disappear after a few days but still worried me because they would shift from one place and I too thought 'oh god' its a tumor! The dizziness may be an ear/balance problem so maybe ask them to check that out, I suffered vertigo back in march and once you have that virus it never really subsides and sounds familiar to yours!

Anyway soory for the essay! Hope you are feeling better about talking to others and maybe spk in the chat room xxxx lucy xxxx