sweetypie
18-08-09, 15:31
im scared as people on here av sufferd bad side effects
what are the main ones what u guys av sufferd ????? and how to prevent them

Saz1972
18-08-09, 21:07
hi sweetypie,

i'm on Sertraline, what dosage have you been given?? from what I've read
everyone suffers differently, with different side effects. Myself, I've suffered tremors, teeth clenching, hot sweats, butterflies in stomach, and when my dosage was upped to 150mg per day from 100mg per day i started with diahorrea. All i can say is that the side effects are not so bad and much much easier to deal with than the anxiety i had been suffering. Like i said though everyone is different and you may not even suffer at all. I've now been on Sertraline for 7 weeks or so and the side effects are definately getting better, just try to stay busy and positive.

Good Luck, this website is fully of supportive people and it has really helped me.

Take Care

Sarah xxx

sweetypie
18-08-09, 21:15
im on 50mg iv got to see the doc every week though to see if im making any progress and il feel so awful sayin tomorrow that i havent even taken any
they might think that im not so desprate but i am so im guna start taking them tomorrow
is the diarrhea that bad with them though ?

Saz1972
18-08-09, 21:26
I only started suffering with the diahorrea after my dose was upped from 100 to 150mg per day, i went back to my gp yesterday and he has told me that it is a very common side effect especially when upping your dosage but it is nothing serious. It's not the kind of diahorrea when your feeling poorly, dont get the horrible stomach cramps..... erm how can i put it....... it's more like loose stools rather than diahorrea (sorry for being so graphic!!!!) Anyway my gp recommended lowering my dose to 100mg and said the diahorrea should lessen within the next 5 - 7 days. He also told me that many people who have been prescribed this expect results quickly but it can take upto 4 months to feel the full effect, although after 2 weeks i was feeling much much much better. xxx

mandie
18-08-09, 22:13
Hi

When i started on 50mg, i had increased anxiety and panic, had hot flushes and felt bit sick.

This was for about 5 days and then it settled down.

i still get a few side effects but its nothing to bad

love mandie x

sweetypie
19-08-09, 13:56
i took one this morning about 11 oclock its now 2 and im only having hot sweats so far would any more sidadffects appear by now ?

mandie
19-08-09, 23:06
Hi

everyone reacts different so its hard to say.

How you feeling now?

love mandie x

sweetypie
20-08-09, 21:51
im feelin on actually jinx touch wood
lol

just few hot sweats and discomfort at bottom of my stomach
im on day 2 tomorrow day 3 and feeling quite happy x

mandie
20-08-09, 23:47
Thats great

mandie x

Panic33
29-08-09, 19:35
Hope this helps not to worry about the side effects: I started on sertaline Friday (tab 1) - was fine all eve, but woke having a major panic attack. Took again sat (2nd tab) and no real problems just a bad headache. Slept fine. Took again this morn (3rd tab) and feeling so much better at the mo, no side effects at all .