PDA

View Full Version : Arggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

sam_1
18-08-09, 15:32
OH my god, i feel like a crazy person!!!! i am trying to get off the devils drug effexor, its horrible! WTF!!! im sorry it is only my frst day coming off 37.5mg but its impossible!! i cant control my emotions, one minute i am sad, then tires, then fed up, then angry, then happy, then dopey, then docile then sleepy, i mean who invented this drug! some one who has something against people most probably! i am only 20years old, this drug doesnt even make me feel hyappy. over the periodi have been takin it (approx 9months) it has made me into this angry frustrated, horrible person. i have no desire for sex wat so ever. and i have jus moved and changed doctors and i explained how this drug makes me feel wen i miss a dose and he doesnt get it!! i explained that i have to go to work in order to keep my house and hejust sed 'yes wll ur hbound to feel a bit off' a bit off???? if by a bit off he means like a crazy psycho person then yes he is right!!

im sorry i just have to get this out! my poor littlee dog hasnt even been for a walk today, i mean i slept til12pm and thn feel asleep an our later, and managed to hav a shower without falling over but thats abbout all ive managed to acieve today.

and like to top it off, my dog weed on my bed for the thrid time, then he weed on my floor and my flat is a tip, and my make up powder just smashed everywhere and im here alone and wen i asked my dr for some support he jus dismissed me!!

i was dischardged from my psychologist bcos i was in the process of moving and i was depressed so never got out of bed and missed appointments and now i have NO help!! i am going crazy!!!

wat do i do?????

any tips for controlling emotions while coming off this awful awful drug would be much appreciated as to top it off my family will jus think im a crazy person and i know i will take it out on them. argh!!

sorry, wow wat a rant. its just really hard.

gypsywomen
18-08-09, 15:41
sorry your feeling so bad dont know about the drug,but sounds very bad,ring nhs direct they might be able to help,i feel for you .you need help now you must ring,,,your little dog wont understand but will always loveyou dont worry you need to get better your gp should help you its wrong i dont think they know what we go throu OR CARE,stay srong you can beat it love maggie:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

suzy-sue
18-08-09, 15:43
You poor thing ! it sounds horrendous .Your Dr needs a word in his ear ,surely he could arrange some help for you ? I dont undersand how anyone could be so uncaring ...Have you just gone cold turkey on the Effexor ? its always best to gradually withdraw off any SSRIs to avoid these terrible withdrawals .It does take a long time but worth it .Is there a friend or family member who can help you through this ? im sure if you go into chat someone will be able to give you some support ,when the going gets tough .Take care Hope it gets better soon luv Sue x:hugs:

jo61
18-08-09, 16:51
IT took me 8 months to get off Effexor. Tried every method possible. What my doc did in the end was replace it gradually with Prozac which has a hugely longer half life so it doesn't leave the system so fast. Talk to the GP - you don't have to do this on your own. :hugs:

teez
18-08-09, 17:46
has he stopped your pills altogether,,if you have any cant you just take half then slowy cut it down or are they capsules,,,just a thought, asit sounds a bit extreme to take you off the pills in one go,

pammy1944
18-08-09, 19:09
hi there ....you poor girl .........never come off antidepressants 'just like that' .....you will have a heck of a time if you try doing that.......... ive just slowly and carefully weaned myself off sertraline . With ( i might add) the help of CITA ( look it up on google) they are a superb set of people and will ( free of charge) give you a plan to safely withdraw ............. you have no need to go through this terrible time like this.......good luck and please keep us posted xxxx

sam_1
20-08-09, 02:18
hey thanku everyone, i gave in and took them again. i am now starting citalopram and goin to c if once settled on th citalopram i can then withdraw from the effexor. this dr is awful am going to try and change, or i will never come off them..not without most probably being sectioned! i really appreciate eveyrones contributions to my post, and guess i will see how things go! x

skylace22
20-08-09, 04:12
Ive been on Effexor for 5 years (well started on it 10yrs ago and went through 4 others before going back) - it is well known for being a bugger to come off of. Im on 180ish mg (2x75 and 1x37.5) - never go cold turkey which I have tried - very bad idea as it needs to be supervised and reduced gradually. Im tired of being on it but dont think it is possible to stop - Ive read about people literally having to open the capsules and TAKE OUT those little bead things each day to reduce gradually. Arrrrgh - forgot to take it for one day last week and ended up with cold sweats/weird dreams/sleeping loads and a mammoth headache.

Your doc sounds about as much use as a chocolate teapot so I would advise you to look for another more caring one. Good luck

x

pammy1944
20-08-09, 10:11
sam ...did you look at the CITA site?