PDA

View Full Version : medication for health anxiety

daisy6
07-10-05, 01:30
Has anyone taken a medication that has helped there health anxiety? i am taking anafranil, but would like to try one of the new drugs, but im scared it will make me even more anxious. As i seem to overreact to everything. Also what else have people tried with health anxiety, and do others like me get proper health problems that make you think your going to get worse problems, that will kill you, ie: irritable bowel syndrome, and think you will get bowel cancer, gastritis bad, and you think yourve got stomach cancer. I have a few health problems now, that have probably come about because of the anxiety, and i worry what that doing to me, so worry more, ironic isnt it, a real vicous cycle it is. Would love to hear from you, take care
Daisy[8D]

angieb
07-10-05, 11:01
Hello there

can't help you with meds as I chose not to go down that route but I did give myself a nasty case of gastritis when I was at my worst and I can help you there. Pure aloe vera juice 100% cured my stomach issues (and I still believe throat issues too as these also went when I started taking Aloe). I only take 1 tablespoon in a glass of water in the morning before I eat or drink anything else and to this day have not had IBS, indigestion, heartburn or any other tummy symptom since.

Hope this helps.

Angie