PDA

View Full Version : We are what we think/speak????

xBettyBoopx
18-08-09, 19:05
Hi

Just wondered of anyone had read the book 'The Secret'? A friend gave it to me to read, it's basically about 'The law of Attraction'. Like if we speak we're sick, then we get sick! I have also been watching a Christian channel (often do as I am a Christian) & one programme was on the exact same thing.

Does anyone believe that we could talk/think our way out of ill health, bad relationships, money worries etc, by thinking the exact opposite, like although you haven't got it, speak/think as if you have.

Worth a try, nothing to lose:D Well I'm gonna, I'll let you know how I get on:noangel:

Els

mick_uk
18-08-09, 21:42
Hi Els,
I definitely think we can talk/think our way into bad health and so it figures that we could do the same in reverse.
Just by googling our symptoms we can effect how our mind sees our problem which in turn can effect us physically.
Placebos work in a lot of trials and I'm sure if we can trick our mind into believing something then we can influence things physically.

kazzie
18-08-09, 22:27
Hi Els:D

Never read the book but I do believe in mind over matter.....not that Im being flippant about the whole panic spectrum but I do believe that you can "talk" yourself better to a certain extent!!!

Would be fascinated to know how you get on ....keep me posted

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

SueBee
18-08-09, 23:27
I do believe anxiety is a case of mind over matter - though I've not mastered the art as yet.

I'd love to know how you get on - keep us posted :)

chantelle
18-08-09, 23:41
Hi Els

haven't read the book but definately agree. On the days when I feel good I keep saying this positively to myself and I keep feeling good. However I havent quite got the knack of turning negative to positive thoughts yet??? Am interested to see how you get on - pm me anytime you like
Good luck and take care
Chantelle

MOJO
19-08-09, 10:05
I definately believe in mind over matter. I think it's really the answer for all of us but it's so difficult to actually persuade your mind to think the way you want it to. The negatives are always so powerful and take over.:blush:(well they do for me anyway!) Hope you have success with it, let us know.xxx

xBettyBoopx
20-08-09, 00:24
Hey Mick, Kazzie, Sue, Chantelle & Mojo:)

I certainly will let you know how I'm getting on:yesyes: Thank you for the good luck wishes:D

Els:shades:

Stressed32
20-08-09, 00:32
I do beleive we can make ourselves sick from our thoughts. Think of the placebo effect. Or women who have + pregnancy test because they want a baby so bad they think they are preg. when they aren't. I met a pilot who was so scared of HIV he made himself physically sick so he ordered a home test and it was +. THREE YEARS he lived with that before he finally went and got a blood test at the Dr. for a flight into Russia...and he was -! I don't beleive we can make diseases come and go...but we can make their symptoms come and go for sure!