PDA

View Full Version : hiv fear overwhelming me.

eleanor_rigby
18-08-09, 22:42
I've posted about this before but I'm finally going to get tested because it has been three months and I'm so scared. I gave unprotected oral sex. There was no ejaculation in my mouth but I did it for ages. The guy is of unknown status and we are both students. I've read over and over again, low risk, low risk but I'm still terrified. Man I got optic neuritus and that was 1 in 100,000 risk. I just keep looking for different stats, oral sex stats, uk stats, midlands stats, young people stats. Anything that might indicate there's like basically ZERO chance. I just don't know how I'm going to cope waiting a damn week for the results! I've had a full blood count and that was all normal. I also haven't been at all ill over these few months so ruling out any ARS symptoms. This makes me feel a little better. I just need some kind words so I can sleep. All I can think about is how happy I'll be if this is negative and how I'll be a better person. But at the same time a person very afraid. This is going to affect my future relationships because I will be so sexually afraid. I dunno HA is horrible but part of me thinks it's also sensible.

daisycake
18-08-09, 22:53
hi :) it is sensible to be concerned, I suppose, but in moderation - not to the point that you're worrying constantly! Chances are you probably won't have HIV, I think, and you're doing the right thing by going for a test - I understand it'll be difficult to relax until then but distraction might be the key, like getting stuck into a good book or hobby? That's what I'm always advised when I'm anxious anyway. Sending you virtual hug, hope everything goes OK x

nomorepanic
18-08-09, 22:53
I would say the chances are very very low of you getting it at all to be honest.

LisaLisa
19-08-09, 10:54
Hi just want you to know that the chance of catching HIV from a person who you know actually has it through full sex is 0.05% each encounter. Oral sex is even lower.

Also , in uk the ratio of folks with and without is around 1:10,000........80, ooo have it and 60, 000 000 in population.

I think your worry is out of proportion with the situational facts because of anxiety , i have this problem too about hiv and i found that five negative test later i still have that horrible anxious doubting feeling so much so that i spend all day thinking tha i have it and have found what the internet said is actuall signs of the ilness in me and my partner and my baby. Also i beleive that my best friend has these signs too and i worry that i have given her it when she used my razor to shave her legs.

I am seeing a psychologist and he has told me that I have generalised anxiety disorder and health anxiety with components of OCD.

Why have you suddenly foccussed on HIV? Were you generally anxious anyway?

Hope your feeling okay

Lisa
xxxxx

Gee
19-08-09, 23:06
Just a quick note to say, I've been seeing a cbt counsellor who worked in HIV for 10years she said she's NEVER come accross anyone who caught it orally
X