PDA

View Full Version : Can You Have A Heart Attack For Three Weeks?

looking4answers
19-08-09, 00:18
For the last three weeks I have been lying on my left side when watching tv and working on the computer. I prop up on my arm and it pulls my stomach and side kind of tight.

When I get up I feel like my stomach is tight and I can't get a breath . Also my whole chest and stomach feels tight. Sometimes when I get up and walk around and walk for a bit the tightness subsides.

I also have been having a lot of gas lately . Im not sure of why but all this together makes me think heart trouble. I was just at the doctors last year and have been told I didn't have any heart issues and no symotoms of this,

I just can't imagine why I am just now getting this tightness because I have been laying on my left side this way off and on for years. My heart rate is good when laying down but recently its been racing at times. This morning I got up and it was racing and took awhile to settle down but eventually came back down to normal and then I took a shower and my abdomen was feeling tight and I suppose I was nervous and my heart started racing again and I felt like I couldn't breath . I got out and layed down for a bit and it came back down to normal. My question is Can you have a heart attack for three weeks or its just gas and tightness because of strecthing those muscles in my stomach and im noticing it more?

When I lay down on my back at night and relax the tightness in my stomach seems to go away until the middle of the next day. Im worried please let me know what you think?

I have been losing a little weight so I thought it might be tightness from the stomach muscles getting smaller too.

Jamie_
19-08-09, 02:05
Death is imminent hours after a heart attack if not treated, so if you had a heart attack you would been dead around 3 weeks ago..

You have probably just caused some tension in your abdomen and now you're thinking about, picking up on the slightest 'abnormality', thinking about it makes it radiate..like when you cut yourself without knowing, as soon as you see you have cut yourself it starts to sting..

I wouldn't worry about it, i've had a lot worse pain and tightness, i remember one time it was like heart failure, i felt like i had liquid in my lungs, when i bent over i got a cramping feeling at the pit of my chest..

I remember very well when it came on it was proper pain..my right shoulder felt like it was burning and it was sore to breath, i wasn't having a panic attack or anything..so you would think heart attack?..well I'm still here 3 months later..

I never did get it checked out, probably should have but after it subsided i didn't see the point, this was before i knew i had anxiety problems so i just shook it off

looking4answers
19-08-09, 02:52
Thanks Jamie,

I don't know what has happened to me..I had terrible HA for about a year. I think it was PTSD . Then I just woke one morning and just said the heck with it. Here almost three years later or two not sure im starting to focus on anything and everything.

I guess its back. I think it has been a terrible allergy season and hot and maybe that started it again or maybe since im retired I am at a lack of something to do. I suppose you are right and thank you for having common sense and sharing it with me. Maybe I can ge start thinking that way again.

Once again thanks for helping me out here and Ill try to focus on something else. Take care . Michael