PDA

View Full Version : Clippety-Clop! Horse or a Unicorn?

doorbell
19-08-09, 00:25
:) Don't know if this will help anyone suffering with health anxiety but heard this on TV tonight.
If you heard the sounds "clippety-clop" what would be your first thought? I bet most of you would say a horse! and not a unicorn!
Of course when you google any symptoms it can always come up with the worst case scenario but 9 times out of 10 the explanation is quite straightforward ie headache=stress, eyestrain etc. not a brain tumour.
Hope this helps

Doorbell

marcc64
19-08-09, 00:43
Hi, That makes alot of sense :)

justbananas
19-08-09, 04:13
they actually teach this in med school, but i think the popular phrase they use there is something about zebras versus horses. about 5 of my best friends are in med school right now. i'm trying to cure my HA before my closest friends all become doctors
:ohmy:

girlrock
19-08-09, 07:14
LOL! I was just going to post the same thing! When I was freaking out to my dentist about my doctor telling me I might have HIV she said the same thing: "In dental school, they taught us to look for horses before we look for zebras." That really meant a lot to me that she thought my other doctors were wrong......AND THEY WERE :) I can't blame them though...always better to be safe than sorry.