PDA

View Full Version : woken up by pa

twiglet
07-10-05, 06:59
Hi ya, last nght was really bad. for some reason it seemed that i wasnt gonna get to sleep at all. i went to bed pretty earlie cause i have to work tonight so i thought i try and have a good night sleep. yeah that did not happen....first of all my son(he's 5) was crying most of the night with toothache. bless him. the enoyng bit with that is the dentists wont see him untill TWO months. unbelivable. i didnt mind him waking me up cause obviously he's in pain and cant help that. but then the cat started having mad fits running and jumping all over the place. so around 2am i let him out the frontdoor. by that time i was ready to give up but thought no i have to force my self to go to sleep.
and what do you know, i actually manage to fall asleep.
seems to good to be true, and it was....
i got woken up by a panic attack. my heart was beating really fast and i just couldnt seem to catch my breath. i was shaking and had pain in my chest. eventually i calmed down, got to sleep for a little while. and now here i am.
sorry i've been rambling. hopefully tonight will be better. but im anxious about getting it again in my sleep, thats only happen twice before.
Again sorry, just needed to talk....

LOL twiglet

andrew
07-10-05, 07:04
hi twiglet, hopefully your feeling abit better now. give yourself a hug and try and reassure yourself that you'll be ok tonight, wishing you some support .. tc andrew

Sanjay
07-10-05, 08:28
Relax , it is all panic and nothing else . It happens to me a lot since past 4 mths .

Elaine1
07-10-05, 09:02
Hi Twiglet

So very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience last night.

What you described was a classic panic attack. When it first happens it is so very scary.

Having been there myself, I feel for you. All you want to do is have a good night's sleep - sounds so easy, but when you haven't managed it, it makes you more anxious.

Trust me though, you will get better and come through this.

There are lots of things you can try to relax yourself and control your breathing.

When mine first kicked in, I tried 'Rescue Remedy', music, reading, a warm drink etc and eventually I would fall asleep. Another thing I did on several occasions was ring NHS Direct in the early hours for reassurance - that did help - voice of reason at 3am and all that. It was also during one of my attacks at night that I found this site - it truely was like seeing light at the end of the tunnel!

For me though, I ended up at the gp's surgery and was put on medication and then referred for counselling - but this is not right for everyone, so go with your own feelings. I now have not had a full blown panic attack for a long time, so please beare with it, you will come through this.

If you need any more support, please pm me - I've been there!

Wishing you a relaxing day and peaceful night.

Take care

Elaine XX:D:D

Meg
07-10-05, 09:18
Twiglet,

It is quite usual but you need to be kind to yourself and not fret about last night but congratulate yourself for managing to settle and sleep in the end.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

carlin
07-10-05, 14:04
Hi Twiglet,
sorry you had such a bad night, you managed really well by settling yourself, i have been the same recently (minus the son and the cat!) my symptoms have been exactly the same, scary, but once you know what they are, don't let them frighten you. I can almost guarantee you will sleep well tonight, hope your son is feeling a little better and the cat is sleeping. take care.