PDA

View Full Version : swelling!

sue447
07-10-05, 09:58
high everyone,
ive got a broken tooth in one of my front teeth, ive had it a while but a few days ago i ate some oatcake and started it off niggling abit and yesterday morning i woke up with a slight swelling like ive got a small absess or infection but still no bad toothache, this morning i woke up ive still got the swelling directly above the tooth leading up to the side of my nose (the same side as my tooth) and now ive developed another small swelling a bit further down under my cheek bone im worried its going to spread all over my face, and cause me to be really ill, what i dont understand is why ive got this other swelling that doesnt seem connected with the bad tooth i still havent got a bad toothache, i dont want to go to docs or dentists cause of my phobia, will it go on its own or should i worry about it ive started swilling my mouth with salty water this morning do you think this will help
please advise thanks
sue xx:(

bones
07-10-05, 11:17
Hi
i have a phoebia with dentists and Doctors but at the end of the day you just have to overcome it escially if your health is in question. It sounds too me you may have an infection in the mouth, i always after brushing my teeth use a antiseptic mouth wash which really does help.
By the way if it is an infection it wont get any better by itself.
Good Luck

andy

Dan
07-10-05, 12:37
hi
i used too love the dentist when i was young so it was a surprise to me and my dentist when i started to fear it however infections will not go on ther own
please try to be brave and go
i explained to my dentist that i get panic attacks and he was really good i asked him to tell me what he was doing in advance and allow me to get up if i needed to although
i was nevous i got through ( i also had a infection) and have been back since where i had to be brave a my son whos 9 had a filling and was SUCH a woos
if you really ant go phone nhs direct for advice have found them really helpful and coldysol is a very good mouthwash (think thats the right spellin)
hope all goes well feel free to PM me
danielle

sue447
10-10-05, 13:25
thanks for your replys andy, danielle,
thought id let you know that the absess has gone and i didnt need antibiotics either
luv sue xx:D

Meg
10-10-05, 14:13
Guess you just got some oatcake crumbs lodged in the gums.

Glad it resolved- you really do need that broken tooth looked at so you don't end up in a similar situation again and whilst you are in no rush and no pain, you might want to make it soon.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sue447
11-10-05, 11:52
thanks meg,
i will sort my tooth out, i know that having absesses can be very painfull i was lucky i didnt get a bad toothache
luv sue xx