PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks? help please

jaclyn
19-08-09, 08:18
hi guys, i'm jaclyn a 20 y o feamle from australia. not sure if i'm posting in the correct place, but lately i've been having panic attacks (well what i hope are panic attacks). i have been finding it real difficult to swallow (mostly just saliva and drinks), it feels as though my brain has forgotten how to swallow and it takes me a few times to get it down. i find myself doing it excessively, but i'm not sure if it is even excessive as i cant remember how often i swallowed before this 'problem' starting happening (if that makes sense, lol)
my throat has also been feeling quite numb, like i can't feel drinks or my saliva going down properly, like its not wetting my throat in a certain spot. its driving me crazy, i cant sleep at night for feal i will not swallow and choke. i went to the doctor, he told me its just psycological as our body automatically swallows for us, but he took a swab anyway. it feels as though it is consuming my thoughts and is scaring the hell out of me, just wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows what it is. any help or stories would be great, i hope i haven't rambled on too much. thanks

gypsywomen
19-08-09, 09:56
sounds like panic your body does strange things if you write in serch box and write hard to swollow you will find a few with same thing hope this helps:bighug1:

Thumbelina
19-08-09, 11:09
i was admitted to the hospital 3 years ago with the severe depression, anxiety and panic attacks, and one of the things that i told to the doc was that i couldnt swallow.

He didnt have much time to fuss with me as it was in ER, and he told me:
here is the drink - drink it allin front of me....
And i had to...so he said - ok you can swallow then...

I was even more upset - becasue i was convinced i couldnt swallow.

It was what i fel - not what was actually happening...
We have a feeling of something in our throat, we feel that we cant swallow but its not actually happening.

I still have it at times...