PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Lymph Node driving me mad :(

meg86
19-08-09, 11:41
Hello!!

I know this topic has been mentioned before but how do you get over lumps and bumps that come up on our bodies?

I have had a large gland under my jaw on the right side for 3 months, it is a inch long and feels firm.

Last winter december/january i had the flu twice and was very very poorly, i was renting a house at the time that was very cold and had damp, i also had a infected wisdom tooth. I also got he flu again in May but was only ill for 2 days.

I didnt notice this gland before but maybe i hadnt been looking for it! I went to the doctor on Saturday who had a very quick feel and said it doesnt feel pathalogically enlarged.

I keep getting myself in a huge state!! i cant get the "what ifs" out of my head. He did refer me for CBT which i should hopefully be starting soon.

I dont understand why he didnt do a blood test, my last one was a year ago.

:(

LisaLisa
19-08-09, 11:43
Hi there

Im struggling with a gland too in the same place. Was your wisom tooth on the same side then? I had this too and had the tooth removed.

Does you gland feel round like a grape?

Lisa

xxxx

meg86
19-08-09, 11:45
I really cant remember which side it was on! :( yea it does feel just like a grape xx

antrob1000
19-08-09, 11:52
I also have one underneath my chin on the left hand side. Went to see GP about it over 2 months ago and she couldnt really feel it so said nothing to worry about as it is mobile and only about 1cm by 1cm maybe slightly larger. Dr said to only come back if it got any bigger. It has not got any bigger. It is very common to get lymph glands enlarged or swollen.

If its not got bigger I really would not worry about it.

Anthony

LisaLisa
19-08-09, 11:53
Mine too. Mine has been there since at least 2007 and it freaks me out. Is yours kind og half way between your chin and your ear but on the underside of your jaw/chin?

One of my friends has one of these too. She has had it for ages too and doesnt care about it , she doesnt get HA

Lisa
xxxx

antrob1000
19-08-09, 11:53
Also forgot to say tots of people have this issue look at the posts by Kraggy who also had the same sort of thing.

meg86
19-08-09, 12:06
Thanks guys, i have been reading previous threads and it seems to be common, yea its exactly where you described Lisa, i dont think it has gotten any bigger but when i lift my neck up it feels really firm, when my neck is normal it feels different, i have a really skinny neck to so maybe more noticeable i need to stop probing!!

HA is awful :( i cant remember the last time i didnt feel scared to death about something!

I am looking forward to starting my CBT, i hope it helps x

LisaLisa
19-08-09, 12:18
Gosh CBT really will help.....soon as they explain to you what is happening its like a breath of fresh air really!!

Problem I have is that i keep thinking im okay and then start checking and googling again and it all comes back.....i wil llearn the hard way that my therapist is right and it really is like an addiction!!

Anyway....step away from the gland and I will too :hugs:

Lisa
xxxx

meg86
19-08-09, 12:21
Thanks Lisa :)

Google is the devil! we should stop googling to!

xx