PDA

View Full Version : cant face going to the doctor

tashbarnes87
19-08-09, 17:35
Hi all my anxiety & fear is sky high today and i just keep crying :(

Today my twitching has been awful so so many and everyone i speak to says go to the doctors but i just cant. I know she will send me to a neurologist or for an mri & i just cant do that. Ever since i had that lump in my boob i just cant bring myself to go. I have tried everything to get over this Als / ms fear but i just cant. I cant stop 'testing my strength', scared when i go to bed incase i cant move in the morning. And with my arms aching so much simple tasks like putting my mascara on is becoming a big anxieety thing. Im so scared about the twitching in my legs so so scared i have taken magneisum tablets & vitamin b12 but nothing is working. I know you are all probably gettig sick of me but i would really appricate some help tonight as its been such an awful day :( xx

Welsh.Baz
19-08-09, 17:37
Got any meds to take and calm you down? Also wouldn't you rather have the tests done just to put your mind at ease once and for all?

Go have a nice soak in the bath and try relax a little.

tashbarnes87
19-08-09, 17:48
hi there, im not on any meds when my partner gets in from work i always calm down its weird. No i really cant face waiting for the results i was so ill when i was waiting for my biopsy results. I have had these symptoms for 3 months now do you think if it was something seious it would be constant? x

cricketjar
19-08-09, 17:59
Hi tashbarnes87

It sounds to me you get very anxious on your own and like you said when your partner comes home you are calm!

If you have had these symptoms for 3 months now it probably likely it is not serious! please go to the doctor if you are worried you will take great comfort from them if they are the understanding type.

These symptoms you explain all come from anxiety and i have all the twitching and numbness in my arms which do come and go as they please!

Try and calm down and i know it is easier said then done because i really struggle to stay calmif you constantly think about it, it only fuels your brain to keep the pains going.

James

nomorepanic
19-08-09, 18:46
Tash - does the pain stop when your partner comes home?

marcc64
19-08-09, 18:59
Hi,

I too have this horid twitching everywhere in my body :( it's a bloody nightmare. I've been taking multi vitamins for about a month now and still not gone, tho some days are better than other. I'm scared too go to the doctor as well :( the only time i really go to the doctor is when my breathing feels really odd because that is the most scariest symptom to me.

tashbarnes87
19-08-09, 20:36
Hi Nicola, no the pain doesnt im just not sat there waiting for it if you get me. I will do something like i just made a cake whilst i was chatting to him & when i was whisking i was reminded of the pain. If i was on my own making a cake i would have been thinking about it the whole time. He to thinks its in my head or its anxiety but i have a physical pain, whilst i can deep down believe all my other symptoms are anxiety i dont believe it could cause this much pain. Marc! i know how you feel scared to go incase they say 'yep you have this' i know its unlikely but ignorance is bliss ( or so they say)!
x

rebeccad
20-08-09, 10:57
hi tashbarnes, i know exactly how you feel, i have an appointment with the doc today and honestly i feel physically ill. I know he will send me for an mri and i just know i wont last that long. I should have gone 10 days ago as a follow up for my meds but i never went, im only going as my prescription has run out. I think you should pluck up the courage and go honestly if i can anybody can. xx

tashbarnes87
20-08-09, 12:41
good luck hun, let us know how it goes x

LisaLisa
20-08-09, 13:41
Tahbarnes87

We are totally the same. Whenever im alone looking after the baby I am okay and when my partner is around i am almost normal but whenever i am alone or at work i just go mad with worry. Its awfull. I am sooooooo convinced that i have HIV even though the tests are supposed to be super accurate.

It alsmost like the anxiety plays up becuase i let it??! Weird I know.

I am absolutely petrified to go back to the drs even though i have all this weird hormone stuff going on that i feel like i should get sorted and cos i have this weird lump in my cheek that i read happens with hiv. When i showed my dr before she said she wasnt concerned and was more interested in my anxiety levels first so now i cant go anywhere near her incase she has changed her mind and now thinks my tests are wrong and i do have hiv...the idea of going to dr makes me feel sick because i imagine getting reffered and some scary consultant saying something horrible like....'ah classic signs of hiv'.....

I know how you feel sweetie, but you are fine really

Lisa
xxxx

Cell block H fan
20-08-09, 18:02
So you're not what I guess people would describe as a typical anxiety sufferer, as in you dont leg it off to the doc every week? I used to be terrible for getting reassurance from my doc, but I have a different one these days, & have gone the opposite way. I am more a bury my head in the sand person, & worry myself sick instead! That problem deserves another thread doesn't it. Only just joined, so cant post it yet xxxx

tashbarnes87
20-08-09, 18:46
HI there, i used to go to my docs 3 times a week but after my lump issue ( was a cyst) but i had to have a biopsy I just cant face going & them saying they need further tests. I would rather deal with it at home. i know some people will say ' o but you will know then either way' but i cant go through that again :(x

nomorepanic
20-08-09, 18:51
The problem is though Tash that you aren't dealing with it really are you?

There may be a simple explanation and no need for further tests at all.

rebeccad
20-08-09, 20:21
hi tash, im now back from the docs and i honestly feel 100% better than i did earlier, I saw a different doc which i wasnt expecting i booked to see my usual doc, perhaps he just didnt want to deal with me. Anyway he has really reassured me and for now i am in a comfortable state, I really think you should book an appointment and think of the comfort you will feel when he puts your mind at rest, Your symptoms would be more worrying if you didnt suffer from anxiety and they just appeared out of the blue. But they didnt and you do suffer. xx

Jan63
23-08-09, 00:41
HI there, i used to go to my docs 3 times a week but after my lump issue ( was a cyst) but i had to have a biopsy I just cant face going & them saying they need further tests. I would rather deal with it at home. i know some people will say ' o but you will know then either way' but i cant go through that again :(x

Oh Tash I know exactly what you mean. I need to go to the doctors and can't even pluck up the courage to make an appointment - I'm even scared of going to the doctors now after last time he kept me waiting for 40 minutes over my appointment time and I was on my own because my o.h who had been with me had to take our daughter to her swimming lesson. I haven't been back since because my anxiety was sky high by the time I got into that surgery and the doctor didn't apologise and wasn't very reassuring.

I think I may have an ovarian cyst or something because I keep getting pains in below my ribs and in my stomach and I've convinced myself it's something like this. I know once I get to the doctors I will have to go for scans and blood tests and it's really freaking me out because of all the time involved where you have to wait for test results etc. I feel really miserable at the moment and sick of the whole health anxiety thing as it's the fourth problem that I've had since last September when I went with a lump in my throat.:weep:

Darwin73
23-08-09, 09:22
Hi Tash
Just wanted to say I have been where you are now as far as the twitching is concerned. Absolutely convinced I had MND. I was having twitching in all my limbs and cramps in my feet. Felt I couldn't pick up a knife and fork properly. Other people could see the twitching, so I knew it wasn't in my mind. I went to the drs and he said there was no point in referring me to a neurologist because by the time the appointment came through, it would be obvious whether I had the disease or not. I was in a state of utter fear and turmoil for a year. I used to actually envy people who worried about cancer because I would think at least there's a chance of a cure for that.

Fast forward 2 years. I slowly became less and less anxious as time passed and had a year of being anxiety free. All the symptoms went away, but now I am worried about cancer again and can't believe I was worried about twitching. Like you I am scared of the Drs. Although they know I suffer from HA, I hardly ever go for reassurance because I'm scared of what they'll say.