PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms

Sat201
19-08-09, 18:30
Hi All,

I am new here.

I have been suffering from what i think is anxiety for a few months now. I have given up on getting answers from the doctors as i was starting to feel like i was living at the surgery.

I wanted to explain my symptoms to see if anyone can relate to them.

Chest Pains with and heaviness
Awakening at night and unable to sleep
Aching muscles
Dizziness
Nausea
Leg cramp
Constant belching

I am really concerned about the chest pain as this feel as though it is penatrating right through to my back on the left hand side.

I would appreciate your thoughts

Veronica H
19-08-09, 20:39
:welcome: to NMP.What does the doctor think so far? All of these symptoms could be related to anxiety but a doctor would need to rule out other causes first, and then give a diagnosis. Sorry if you are unhappy with your treatment so far. Could you try another Doctor at the practice? Glad that you have found us. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

monkeybutler
19-08-09, 20:44
i have similar symptoms, sometimes the chest pain can be quite severe, especially when its in the middle or on the left side.
it's frightening too, feeling these symptoms come out of nowhere can cause one to have a panic attack.
I also wake up often in the night and usually in the morning i still feel tired and heavy, especially my head and sometimes it feels like my vision is slow, as though i'd be slow to react at something thrown at me. Probably a result of poor sleep.
i have been tending to have nightmares, or at least dreams that make me feel bad or scared or some sort of negative emotion, and i wake up still feeling it, and wondering if i'm going crazy.

you mentioned going to the doctor a lot, have you had EKG's and/or echocardiograms?

Jamie_
19-08-09, 20:46
Hi All,

I am new here.

I have been suffering from what i think is anxiety for a few months now. I have given up on getting answers from the doctors as i was starting to feel like i was living at the surgery.

I wanted to explain my symptoms to see if anyone can relate to them.

Chest Pains with and heaviness
Awakening at night and unable to sleep
Aching muscles
Dizziness
Nausea
Leg cramp
Constant belching

I am really concerned about the chest pain as this feel as though it is penatrating right through to my back on the left hand side.

I would appreciate your thoughts

Chest pain, insomnia, muscle tension, vertigo, nausea and gas are all common symptoms of anxiety

Chest pain is the same as muscle tension, you're over breathing and probably taking a lot of deep breaths throughout the day, so if you keep taking deep breaths it's like doing push ups..eventually your arms will start to ache..

Nausea is pretty obvious..anxiety is being nervous..what happens if you're nervous? Your stomach starts to roll around, people with weak stomachs will probably hurl but most people never actually be sick with nausea..

Constant gas, again to do with over-breathing and also to do with the fact when you have anxiety you swallow a lot more air that comes back as a burp

As said i would go get diagnosed 1st but it sounds like anxiety to me

Sat201
21-08-09, 18:13
The doctors hasn't actually suggested Anxiety but has put me on Citalopram for panic attacks, although i ma having anxiety attacks for most of the day with this awaful feeling in my chest.

I have had 3 ecgs which have all came back as normal, but i always have this constant fear that my heart is going pop out my chest or stop.

I always get a pain sensation in my left hand side and uner breastbones.

I really just feel worn out with trying to convince myself that i am ok, its just a constant worry.

You begin to feel like your doctors are laughing at you and there is not actually a lot of help out there either, you feel as though you have to battle this on you own. Well i am not gonna let this beat me.

Thank you all so much for replying it means a lot

hannahw
21-08-09, 19:22
hey i do think your suffering from anxeity, if it was anything serious to do with your heart the doctor would of detected it and wouldnt of hanged around.
i had severe bleching that was anxeity and chest pains kept me wake all night , and the worry caused me to have insomnia. anxeity can make us feel so poorly i know i have suffered from health anxeity since i was 10 all started with thinking i had heart diesease after watching videos at school. its amazing how anxeity can mimic symptons,

Sat201
22-08-09, 18:15
Thank you for getting back to me hannahw.

It is very scary as i have never felt like this before. I have had a terrible year and i think it has taken its toll and now i am suffering from anxiety.

I have had an ambulance out twice and been to the doctors on countless occasions, it is like i always need reassurance that i am ok and i am trying
to figure out how to combat this, but it is proving difficult.

My body just aches all the time and i feel so tired even if i have slept for 9hours, i just never feel refreshed at all. I am also always on edge and everything that i would have done before without a seconds thought, i am now questioning it incase its dangerous, i am always scared of having thoughts that i am unwell and when i get these aches and pains my mind just works overtime and it makes it worse.