PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

marcc64
20-08-09, 02:56
For some reason I tend to sleep for ages at a time, usually go too bed at 3am and don't wake up to 3-4pm some times later, that's like 12 13 hours at once, just wondering why i sleep so long, does anyone have any ideas?

justbananas
20-08-09, 04:27
dunno, i used to sleep that late in college all the time but when i started working i got off it and never went back, now i sleep exactly 8 hrs every night. well. unless i go out out and then my sleep cannot be accounted for. there's also obviously a link between sleep and depression/anxiety, but a lot of debate on the topic. ie, the chicken & the egg situation - which came first. the docs usually offer pretty sound advice and info on this one. if i were you, i would try to structure my night a little better if you can. you might feel better as a result. i started doing that. just set your alarm for the same time each morning and over time, your body will be forced to go to bed earlier and earlier to make up for the lessening of sleep. go to bed a touch earlier over time and just program yourself to wake naturally. when i used to sleep till 3pm i felt like CRAP BALLS.

marcc64
20-08-09, 15:31
Hi, thanks for replying :) yeah i feel like i haven't slept properly when i sleep for so long, you would think i would feel better :huh: strange thing this anxiety lol. Also i read somewhere that taking more than half hour to fall asleep is a form of insomnia, and guess what another symptom of anxiety is?? insomnia lol. Heard most people on here having trouble staying asleep, total opposite to me.

justbananas
20-08-09, 16:15
yeah but actually sleeping between 7-9 hours is healthy but once you get over 9 hours, it starts becoming less beneficial and you DON'T feel better. you actually feel more tired and less energetic. it's all about going to bed and waking up at the same time every day, and sleeping for a balanced amt of time, not too much not too little. simple right ??? ;)