PDA

View Full Version : breast scan

wotcanisay
20-08-09, 13:48
my sister had a breast scan last week
today the doctors phone today tell her the results are back
and she fearing the worse

what should i do?:shrug:

please any help, am only guy(lol). and dont know what to say to help put fear's at rest til she gos to the doctor later

suzy-sue
20-08-09, 13:59
Did she have a breast scan because she felt a lump before hand or was it a routine check ? Routine checks are followed later with a letter ,and not usually a Drs appointment .If it was because of a lump she had found ,the Dr will want to discuss with her what the findings were .eg ;what type of lump cyst or otherwise .Not all lumps are cancerous and depending on what type of cyst there are different ways of getting rid of them .All you can do really is tell her its more than likely nothing to worry about 9out of 10 lumps are harmless ,She will be worried no matter what you say ,so just be there for her and be supportive .Let us know how she gets on .Hugs Sue x:hugs:

teez
20-08-09, 14:04
just be there for her,,,when i discovered i had breast cancer ,,,id never have got through it without my friends keeping me going,,a friendly ear and kind word goes a very long way, xxx

wotcanisay
20-08-09, 14:13
about 12 weeks ago she find a lump turn out to be a cyst
6 weeks later she find a 2nd one on the same breast and the doctor sent her for a scan

suzy-sue
20-08-09, 14:28
The same thing happened to me .The Dr will probably arrange for an ultrasound next ,this will determine what type it is ,solid or fluid . Solid cysts can be removed but can go on their own ,Fluid cysts are removed by a needle aspiration and go afterwards .It does sound like its probably only another cyst ,often you get more than one . Hope this helps Sue x

wotcanisay
20-08-09, 14:32
yea i tell this. i said to her when they took sample of the breast away and find out was a cyst the 1st time unlikey the 2nd one is unlikely to be anything else but a cyst

i kind know what she dealing with waiting for test results a had one on my liver and the hours feel like days as you wait

suzy-sue
20-08-09, 14:38
Yes its awful ,the first one i found made me feel like that was it ..I couldnt sleep and was imagining the worst scanario .When I found the second one I told the Dr I couldnt go through that again and i would pay private for a quick refferal ,She got me one through the Nhs and I didnt feel half as bad the second time .The waiting is always the worst part ..I FEEL FOR YOU BOTH .:hugs: Sue x

wotcanisay
20-08-09, 14:44
its me the one with Health Anxiety as well she useley no bothered
so i find this hard staying postive

that sounds a bit selfish:blush:

thank you for the replys suzy-sue teez

wotcanisay
20-08-09, 18:37
test come back inconclusive and now she worrying more

wotcanisay
20-08-09, 21:16
:shrug:

alex1
20-08-09, 21:20
Just be there for her and take her lead. She will be worried so reassure her that you will cope whatever happens. all the best

tiredOfOcd
20-08-09, 21:26
FWIW, I've read the majority of lumps in the breast wind up being of no worry.

So she's got the odds on her side.

suzy-sue
20-08-09, 21:34
It sounds like it was the same as last time then . ?Another wait for a biopsy and then a wait for the results .The odds are in her favour ,but I do sympathise with you both .Hope she doesnt have to wait too long .Thinking of you !Try to keep a positive frame of mind ,it will help her . Luv Sue x:bighug1:

wotcanisay
20-08-09, 22:48
yea i tell her to talk to other woman about it, like go some forums. she dont really wanna talk about it with friend's.

i tell her it best to talk to other woman that had this happen to them

she keeps thinking it cancer and i tell her if it was real bad cancer it had show on the result's and that cyst runs in the family

like i tell her whatever happens i got her back

thank for all the nice replys i will show them to her

i also tell her to get away(go on a break). as she wait there's no point staying in