PDA

View Full Version : 12 months

SamanthaAU
20-08-09, 13:55
Its been almost 12 months since I have been a member of this wonderful and supportive website.

Its been 12 months since I crashed into the unforgiving world of Health Anxiety.

And it has taken me 12 months to feel like I am getting somewhere. To feel like I can shout to the world that I feel like I am getting better. That I can put my health problems (whether real or not) into some kind of persepective.

And it has taken me 1 hour to go crashing back into this world after finding a result on a test I had that no one has ever mentioned to me. Of course I have started panicing and dread going back into this world of unrelenting worry. I can't do it again, I won't do it again.

But I can feel it dragging me back under and it is SO scary. What a difference 24 hours can make.:weep:

j2
20-08-09, 15:39
Sam,

I know what you are going through. What was the test? I never feel like my anxiety is far from me, even on my best days something seemingly trivial can throw me for a loop. Anyway, keep posting here and we will get through this together.

Thumbelina
20-08-09, 15:56
sam
it is the first natural reaction
even the doctor - psychiatrist - would get anxious if he got the result that he didnt expect.

You will calm down with the time

Relax - its not over