PDA

View Full Version : Hypocondriac ????

soggypops
08-10-05, 08:50
If anyone could help me get through this i would be very gratefull.
To cut a long story short I have a fear of dying especially from a heart attack,
I am carefull not to eat salt ,caffine and all the other processed junk. I thought i had combat my anxiety as i went through a spell of 8 months at ease and totally loved life.( I went to meditation classes and had reiki). then suddenly out the blue all thoughts of death ,why are we here? etc. My heart races all the time and i have to sit down to calm it down . I am at the point of not eating because if i do it makes my heart beats faster and i have lost so much weight. My doc has gave me beta blockers but although my pulse rate gose down ,it in MY MIND still seems fast? AM I GOING MAD???
sOGGYPOPS X

x soggypops x

mum2four
08-10-05, 09:58
Not eating and losing weight can in it's self cause your body to do funny thing's like making your heart beat faster. Focing on healthy food's is a far better option than not eating. Contrationg on getting over you anxiety of eating food in it self sould be your focus cause life is about balence not eating will make you feel worse in many way's. Please try to eat and thay may seem hard for right now but facing that part of your anxiety is the key the feeling better. Our body's need some salt and fat to keep running smoothly for us.

Trying hard to focus on the positive of eating and there are positive's like needing the vitamin's to stay well and the engery from the food ect.

If the whole thing is in your head than finding a why to distract your self is then best thing you could do listening to music all way seem to help me. Finding something that you can focus on and in stead of you heart will be very good for you.

I hope your feeling better soon.

tt
08-10-05, 14:50
Congratulations on a sucessful 8 months. If you have done it before you will be able to get through this again. It sounds like your analizing thoughts got the better of you. I would go back and think how it began to leave before and follow your meditating and what you learn in reiki.

Keep thinking on those 8 months and strive for them again.
Good Luck
TT:)

TT:)

soggypops
08-10-05, 19:46
Hi all,
Thanks for your kind words and I know you are all right but topday i have suffered Palpatations all day and i dont know why? I am on BetaBlockers and Sertraline, So my heart rate has reduced but how can you get Palpatations?? I so worried?
Soggypop x

x soggypops x

Meg
10-10-05, 15:43
Keep your diet light and regular for the most healthy benefit.

If the stimulus for palpitations is still present no amount of betablockers will stop them. There is a page about them on our home pages.

I hope you are still doing your meditation

Its usual to question our origins and raison d'etre during recovery or blips.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?