PDA

View Full Version : Mind over matter

Cell block H fan
20-08-09, 17:12
Only just joined so appologies if this has been posted already, I will go have a browse in a mo.
But what I'm wondering is, are there many people out there that actually find themselves stressing about something maybe trivial, then end up with genuine physical symptoms, most likely because of the stressing about it?
I am interested in this, as I know now after suffering from Health anxiety for about 15/16 years that I am capable of it.
I have also noticed that PMT exagerates any symptoms I have, yet usually subside once my period has started, or within a few days?
Is that quite common?

barbn
20-08-09, 21:00
I am wondering the same exact thing. I think sometimes I will read about something and I think I have it and then I start having the symptoms and am dying in 3 months! It can be anything....and yes during that time of the month it is way worse for me. Not to mention I am 41 and starting to go through the change....just the very begining but enough to through the hormones out of wack....I wish I had a switch to turn the anxiety off!

Cell block H fan
21-08-09, 10:31
I am wondering the same exact thing. I think sometimes I will read about something and I think I have it and then I start having the symptoms and am dying in 3 months! It can be anything....and yes during that time of the month it is way worse for me. Not to mention I am 41 and starting to go through the change....just the very begining but enough to through the hormones out of wack....I wish I had a switch to turn the anxiety off!

Its crazy isn't it. I get really sore boobs from ovulation right up til just after my period starts, these days I'm convinced its breast cancer. So much so, that the sensation in one breast doesn't go away. Until I go to sleep & wake up feeling normal, until I start thinking about it again. Clever that!

CONS
21-08-09, 11:25
The answer is - definately

I believe if more people on here read my post here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

They would realise its all about understanding what it is and why we react in certain ways to all things anxiety related.

Good post :)

sandy35
21-08-09, 12:29
Yes i suffer from very bad pmt and get very bad stomach cramps and felt really ill on monday with very bad anxiety and felt like there was something wrong with me. I used to take the contraceptive pill to help relieve the symptoms of my period and can't quite remember why i stopped taking it. I don't know if it would be a good idea to start taking the pill again but im afraid that it may put on more weight that i am now so desperately trying to lose.