PDA

View Full Version : Hello im new!

xleannexwrightx
20-08-09, 20:52
Hello, im new on here, been reading different stories on this site over the last few months and found it very helpful :)
Im 21 and a current student, had my first panic attack 4 months ago and have been struggling since, i thought it would pass after a few weeks but under estimated how much control it can have on you :( I havent had a major panic attack in while but have symptoms of anxiety everyday, and constantly feel like i have a serious illness which is never fun,
Hopefully i can find support and advice through this and im more than happy to speak to new people who are going through the same thing as im starting to feel like the only one!
Sorry for the lengthy hello!
xx

diane07
20-08-09, 21:39
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of help and advice here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xx

Utility
20-08-09, 21:40
Hi

Just look down the menu on the left hand side and you will find lots of great advice.

xleannexwrightx
20-08-09, 21:55
Thank you :) im so glad i found this page :) x

trueblue44
20-08-09, 22:19
hi leanne im all new to panic attacks to, about 5-6 months now it just happened,, strange!!! iv not been a member long but its great to know there are people there who are going through the same and are here to listin/advise
x x

xleannexwrightx
20-08-09, 22:22
Hello Trueblue44, im happy im not alone too :) hope your dealing with your panic attacks ok, i respect everyone who has had to put up with this for years, 4 months has already made me struggle as im sure u can understand too, heres hoping it disappears for us all ....:) x x

trueblue44
20-08-09, 22:27
fingers crossed a, i booked into a hypnotherapist today, my thinkin is catch it early and it mite go away. never want to experience a panic attack like my first one again!!

pollyanna
20-08-09, 22:29
hello and welcome:yesyes:

This is a great site, im sure it will continue to be of benefit to you.

Best wishes

p X

xleannexwrightx
20-08-09, 22:36
Like you little quote pollyanna :), thanks for the welcome! And good luck trueblue44 with the hypnotherapy, please post if it has benefited you - - i really dont want a panic attack like the first one either! the one moment in my life i will remember in detail forever i reckon! xx

trueblue44
20-08-09, 22:41
ill keep the forum posted on how it goes, gotta be worth a try. anythin to get back to the old me, see how these tablets do aswell. to be fair i dont think i have panic/anxiety as bad as some ppl, but its still there an all new to me and i dread it gettin worse, i will beat it hahahahaahhah

xleannexwrightx
20-08-09, 22:45
thats a great attitude to have :) good luck with everything :) xxx

Veronica H
21-08-09, 10:33
:welcome: to NMP Leanne. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

lard
21-08-09, 10:47
Hi Leanne
I know exactly how your feeling and can understand everything you have written. The way you discribe it is almost as if i'm writing the message myself. I find these forums a great help, it sometimes makes it easier to know your not the only one. All the best mate.

xleannexwrightx
22-08-09, 01:01
Thank you for the warm welcome Veronica :), Your welcome lard....its a horrible sensation, hope you are ok :) im so happy for the support on here too, such a relief! and that dizzy feeling has got to be the hardest one to deal with yet....but now its passed for me, hopefully it will for you soon hun, take it easy :) keep smiling :) xx