PDA

View Full Version : I try to figure what's wrong out but can't seem to

Kat1984
13-01-04, 22:31
It is extremely hard for me to try and understand why im finding it hard to just be me-i have felt like i have lost touch of how i used to be for about the last 2-3mths and you think that things are slowly going downhill and that you will never just feel "you" again. I can't exactly remember when i felt different,3mths or so back-i thought that the next day id feel ok again but i didn't.i couldn't seem to control my thoughts in my head and some thoughts were alarming to me- like id question who i was etc-i had never ever experienced anything like that before-these thoughts must be caused by something more than just me-the last thing i want are horrible thoughts that make me confused.

Having mild anxiety about 2 years ago, i remember taking medication but still carrying on with the day to day things-i didn't have any problems with my thinking or who i was as a person.I just don't understand how know im having problems every day with my thoughts-i do try to stay level-headed-not to worry too much,think things will get better but then they don't really.

I think my anxiety and panicking has got alot worse since i haven't been feeling myself-i feel 100x more vunerable.i am still going to college but feel vunerable, as im not 100% myself.im only 19- it seems young for me to be having these sorts of problems/confusions about myself- can you bring this sort of confusion on yourself-e.g a negative/poor way of thinking?

Advice please.

Meg
13-01-04, 22:43
Hi Kat,

If it makes you feel any beter I drove up the whole length of the M40 reciting my name and address and telephone number as I was so afraid I'd forget who I was . I also had it and NOK numbers taped under my dashboard and an entry in my mobile . - Ring in case of emergency.

More for my benefit than anyone elses ...

It's anxiety made worse by your thoughts... which are so powerful.

To answer your last question in one word .. Yes ! Not always negative thoughts but irrational ones .

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

stimpy
14-01-04, 01:53
Hi Kat

I'm sorry you're not feeling yourself it's horrible isn't it, but it is all part of the anxiety.

Imagine anxiety as a parasite, it creates negative thoughts in order to feed itself, and the more it feeds the more negative thoughts it creates. Questioning yourself and your sanity is something the anxiety makes you do. It loves to plant irrational thoughts in your head. You may think you are going mad, but you aren't.

Try to stay calm and positive it will help you beat the anxiety.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Excentric

Buby
14-01-04, 02:45
hi Kat,

the sooner you get something done the better. we've all been there trust me. Just think to yourself ' i can beat this, i am the same person and its just something that i dont need and am going to set free!' although it seems hard to understand that you you will be yourself again...you will be the smae very soon, We all will but its just getting there thats the difficult part. take one step at a time, let people help you when you need it, have company when you feel lonely and never keep it all inside, wrong thing to do, and you'll feel worse than you already do, so dont go there.

Hugs Rachel xx

uryjm
17-01-04, 15:15
I do think you look at the world and yourself differently when anxiety sets in. This is only natural though, as things that once seemed normal (including thoughts) begin to take on new and sometimes threatening perspectives. On the bright side though, it doesn't make you a worse, weaker or lesser person. There's no particular reason why it shouldn't make you better, stronger and more determined to get over it. There's a lot to be said for positive thinking Kat, and perhaps you should look for advice on affirmations and CBT to tackle how you feel. Sometimes, in the midst of deep anxiety, I've asked myself what I'd feel and act like if I wasn't anxious. "Well, I'd be smiling, looking on the bright-side, being optimistic, feeling calm and positive...." and it's amazing how better thinking this way can make you feel, instead of "I'm so depressed, I hate myself, I'm about to panic...."

Jim