PDA

View Full Version : My Beautiful cat Lady died today

xBettyBoopx
20-08-09, 23:57
I am heart broken. I can't put into words, I loved her dearly, she was company for me now I am alone. I won't go into how she died, it's too distressing.

I don't know what to do without her, what am I going to do? What do I do? How am I going to get over this?

Rest in peace my darling baby Lady. I will always always love you.

nomorepanic
21-08-09, 00:01
Aww Els I am so sorry to hear this. I have 2 cats and love them to bits.

It will be very hard for you I know but we are here if you need to talk ok.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Zulusue2003/condolencesonyourpetpassing.jpg

SueBee
21-08-09, 00:03
I'm so sorry Els. No words can take your pain away but I just wanted to give you some support.

I was devestated when I had to have my dog put to sleep last year. You gave Lady good life until the end, you can take comfort in that :hugs:

angelbillk
21-08-09, 00:24
My dear friend

What a very despairing time for you . Nothing or nobody can take away the feelings you have of pain and hurt . Words seems so empty .

You will always have her in your heart and soul but the touch and companionship has gone .
Bless you and thinking of you . My life is about my beautiful cats and loss of our dear pets is too much to cope with .
your in my thoughts
love angelx:hugs:

sunshine-lady
21-08-09, 00:39
Aww Elspeth

My heart goes out to you petal. I am an an animal lover and unfortunatley know only too well how difficult it is to lose a beloved pet - no words can fill the empty void that you will be feeling at the moment.

Please try to take some comfort from knowing that Lady had a wonderful, loving life with you and keep her cherished memories close to your heart.

Keep strong for Lady as she will be watching you (at peace) from the Rainbow Bridge.

xxxxxx

sandy35
21-08-09, 00:58
I am sorry to hear your bad news. It is horrible to lose an animal that you have become so close and attached to. Im thinking of you at this sad time. Deepest sympathies x

xBettyBoopx
21-08-09, 01:18
Thank you so much for the condolences.

This seems like a strange thing to ask as I'm grieving the loss of my pet but my heart has been racing since before she passed away, I feel my heart will break, I feel so awful but I feel like I'm going to go too because my heart won't stop racing. Is this normal? How can I be so worried about myself when my cat has just passed away? Whatever is wrong with me? Is it normal to feel like this? HELP!!!

debera
21-08-09, 01:36
aww els so sorry to hear of the loss of your cat lady. my heart goes out to you hun. its only normal at a time like this for your anxiety to be bad hun. sending you loads of hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
love debera
x x x x

Rain
21-08-09, 09:12
My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

teez
21-08-09, 11:12
its perfectly normal to morn the loss of a pet,,wheni lost my german shepperd wolf,,i lost my total confidence for at least 18 months,,he was the only way id leave my house,,,he could sense my panic attacks and sit by my side till they finished,,he followed my every move,,and cats are very like that they are super sensitive to our moods,,if you need to talk it through like i did at the time feel free,,it will help you and keep her memory alive, and dont let anyone tell you its just a pet and you can get another,,you do whats best for you,,,and if you need to greive her loss ,,i know we,ll all understand,,take care. theresa xx

bottleblond
21-08-09, 12:22
Els

I am so very sorry to hear this! My thoughts are with you hun!!

Love Lisa
xxx

xBettyBoopx
21-08-09, 12:22
Thank you for all your kind words. I just don't know how I'm going to get over this. I'm in physical pain!! I know that you will say that time will heal, & I understand that, that's what I would say to someone, but at the moment I don't believe that's possible.

The only way I could get to sleep last night was by pretending she was on the bed with me & I was stroking her & talking to her like I usually do! I woke up 2 hours later & just layed there thinking about her & I had to get up. Now I'm up I don't know what to do!

Do you know of any pet grief councilling (sp) that I can telephone? I had some people around yesterday after it happened & a friend during the evening but people have lives to live & I probably won't have anyone around today & I can't take this, I just can't.

I want to leave this flat, too many memories.

Someone please help me!!

Els

suzy-sue
21-08-09, 13:25
Elspeth im so sorry for the loss of your dear cat Lady .:hugs: Grief goes in stages and each one is painful and emotional .You could ring the Samaritans if you dont know of any pet bereavement help lines .They must get lots of calls about this and they will offer a supportive ear .Your dear cat obviously brought much happiness in your life ,.Try to think of the good and lovely times you spent with her .Believe she is in a better place ,and you will one day be together once again .Sending you lots of love and Hugs Sue :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: xxx

yorkylover
21-08-09, 13:40
Hi Hun,my partner lost his cat a couple of weeks ago,and it is very hard. I to have lost pets.

Blue cross have a web site and do bereavment counselling.

He has rescued another cat,I know it was close to losing his little Mo,but its helped alot.

Sending you hugs:hugs: what you are feeling at the moment is totally natural hun with what you have been through..xxxxxxxxx

RosieXXX
21-08-09, 14:13
Hello Elspeth,

I am so sorry to hear your sad news.:hugs:

pollyanna
21-08-09, 15:20
Elspeth

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, and i too know your pain, i have lost my fur babies.
I have used the blue cross, i have spoken on the support line with them, and when i couldnt talk i used the email befriender service too, which i found really really helpful, all the volunteers there have experienced the loss of a pet, and everything is confidential.
This is all so painful, and my heart goes out to you. someone gave me this little book with a poem in, when my cat poppy died, which helped a little to remember the joy that she brought to me, here is the poem...

Weep not for me, in memory of a beloved cat by constance jenkins
-----------------

Weep not for me though i am gone
Into that gentle night
Grieve if you will, but not for long
Upon my soul's sweet flight
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
There is no need for tears
For with your love i was so blessed
For all those many years
There is no pain, i suffer not
The fear now all is gone
Put all these things out of your thoughts
In your memory i live on
Remember not my fight for breath
Remember not the strife
Please do not dwell upon my death
But celebrate my life

Im memory of Isolde, beloved companion of mary jenkins

www.bluecross.org.uk
and the support line is 0800 096 6606

Lady will always be around you no matter where you are, you can only do your best to get through this very hard time, so use all the supports you can to try and help you through your grief.

You are in my thoughts

Pauline x:hugs:

Worrier
21-08-09, 17:02
Hi Elspeth,

I totally understand how you feel having lost 2 cats under very distressing circumstances.

All I can tell you is that I took myself and my cat carrier to the local rescue center and adopted a lovely black cat who seemed to choose us rather than the other way around. It helped so much to know that I had rescued another animal and the joy she brought to me at my time of sorrow was tremendous.

I know it seems hard to think about getting another one but you know as well as I do that "a house is not a home without a cat". You don't have to feel guilty about finding another friend so soon and I promise you it will light up your life again.

I don't know if you read the post from Yorkylover whose partner had a cat that died. I offered the same advice and she said her partner was not ready to get another one. Guess what she posted a few days later and of course they had a new member in their family.

Take it from me, it is the best therapy. I have done it twice without regret.

Hang in there and at least think about it.

Take care
Natalie xx

Lolotte
21-08-09, 18:54
Elspeth, I know that you are going through a horrible time at the moment, and we are all thinking of you.

Remember all the happy times xxxx

amandaj
21-08-09, 19:38
sorry to hear about your cat, i lost my dog last year even though he was very old i know how your feeling ,we did get another dog he is lovely but he wont replace smudge , ive also got 4 cats one who is very old and wont be around much longer, its so very hard to loose them thinking of you

amandaxx

xBettyBoopx
21-08-09, 20:12
Thank you all so very very much for your kind words, I am deeply grateful to you all.

It's a very hard time as you know & being alone makes it seem so much harder to bear. I know only time will ease the pain of her loss.

Pollyanna - such a beautiful poem & so poignant. Thank you for sharing it with me.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/johnbjr45/Music/music_rose_thank_you.jpg
Love
Els
xxx

Maggie-may
21-08-09, 20:43
So sorry to hear of your loss, she is now playng at the Rainbow Bridge with other cats and she will be waiting for you, when you eventually pass!

Bluebelle
22-08-09, 02:34
Elspeth
This is horrible-I am so sorry for your loss. I know the extreme grief from losing a true friend like Lady. You were so lucky to have each other- I am sending you love and support during this awful time. You and Lady are in my thoughts and prayers.
Take Care Love-Blue

xBettyBoopx
23-08-09, 14:26
Thank you Maggie-May & Blue for your kind words.

I just can't seem to cope here without her, I couldn't bear to think of getting another cat so soon, I can't even look at the cats around here in the garden. I'm so lonely & lost, this is unbearable.

http://img.gonetoosoon.org/file/scale__150x150/fb83f7ae47c2c8772be7ffa880bc290a/79179_1250983582.jpghttp://lady-brosnan.pets.gonetoosoon.org/file/scale__600x500/fb83f7ae47c2c8772be7ffa880bc290a/79179_1250983905.jpg

pollyanna
23-08-09, 15:27
Elspeth,

Lady was a beautiful looking wee cat, she just looks like a real lady.
I am crying as i type this , as i really feel your pain, i have had 4 cats in my life, all which i loved dearly,
Fluffy a tortieshell , my childhood cat, who i grew up with, Poppy the black runt of the litter who no one else wanted, and when i saw her , fell in love with her, she was my sons childhood cat, and he was devasted by her loss as was I , ( it was very sudden and tragic circumstances) then the two sisters, Phoebe and chloe, phoebe , named after the ditzy girl in friends, both of them tragically died when they were a year old, from the feline leukemia virus, which when i got them as babies didnt know they had, they were ill from the day i got them, and nursed them through every illness that they seemed to take in that year, until sadly they werent strong enough to go on. i was heart broken and still am, i dearly love my pets, and i have a special place in my heart for pussycats, after all my girls where gone, i left it a year with no pets, and now have a rescue dog called Milo... now hes a different kettle of fish...
He has chronic pancreatitis, and seperation anxiety, and a bit neurotic in general, a bit like his owner. lol.. but i love him dearly, he is a very loyal loving dog, but i still miss my girls.

I have waffled on a bit i know, but want you to know i am thinking of you, and understand where you are at the moment. If you ever want to chat, feel free to pm me, or i will keep a look out for your post to see how you are doing, either way no problem.

Look after yourself, i know thats not easy, but we are all here for you.

Take care

Pauline x:hugs:

mandie
24-08-09, 00:08
Hi

Im so sorry for the loss of Lady. What a lovely looking cat.

:hugs:

love mandie x

kazzie
24-08-09, 19:05
:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: Els

You are in my thoughts and prayers

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs: