PDA

View Full Version : Heartburn and panic

Astrid
08-10-05, 14:49
Hello All,

It has been quite some time that I have written in this forum... Indeed, not long ago I wasliving, once again panic and agoraphobia-free! Suffering from hypochndria and agoraphobia over the last two years, I started seeing a CBT and within a couple of sessions I was out and about doing all the things I would have earlier dreamt of! Taking the bus, the underground (i live in central london), eating out, not identifying where the nearest A&E or Hospital is, and even going to India for a business trip! I even weaned myself off the Xanax I was on!

I cam eback from India and that's when things started to go pear-shape again. I got a bad tummy ache (surprise, surprise) and the had strep throat! I was put on anti-biotics and although my throat tarted to improve my stomach became worst. The antibiotcs killedall the good bacteria in my stomach and I eventually got really bad heartburn! This in turn "burnt" the back of my throat.The worst thing was, that myhypochondria always evolved around either my thorat constricting or not being able to breathe. The pain I have from heartburn are just those fears I have. My throat is killing me andmystomach is so cramped up because of the pain, that I feel I can't breathe properly. I have got my heart and lungs checked by my doctor (all fine as usual), and have been put on acid blockers. My throat is feeling better but i still have th cramps. Anyway, while this has all been happening over the last two weeks, I have started to slowly not go out as much and begin to panic thinking i either couldn't bretahe or that my thorat was constricting. I feel like I am back at square one.I just tried to go out to the canal nearby for a cycle, but pnc got over me and I walked back home asap. The worts feeling is that not long ago I could do all these things, I really had hope that one could get over the panic and the hypochondria that take sover our lives. It took a lot of work- but I succeeded once... I just feel very demoralised since it is now happening all again and I don't remember how I managed to get through it the first time!! I try and think back.. but I seriously don't remember..

Has anyone else had the same happening? Does anyone else have heartburn and feel they are going o choke? I have never realy been ill before, so all these smptoms are very new for me...

Any feedback would be so much apprecaited! So sorry for the lenght of this!!! :)

Thanks!!!

Astrid

Meg
10-10-05, 15:47
Astrid,

You have managed it once and you can do so again.

Well done for having settled in London and for doing so well. I remember when you were planning your move over !

This is just blip and not back to where you were .

Your current health issuses are transient and in the process of being resolved so hang in there and keep reminding yourself of how well you know you can do.

Some of our members hae reported wonderful results from using aloe vera joice for heartburn.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

angieb
13-10-05, 16:14
Hi Astrid - I sound like an old worn out record but I honestly cannot recommend Pure Aloe juice hightly enough. I get mine from Holland and Barrett, just one tablespoon in a glass of water in the morning before I eat or drink has totally cured all of my tummy problems.

I took it three times a day after a bad bout of gastritis and a stomach bleed and felt the benefit within one day.

Do try it - nothing to lose eh?