PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

lard
21-08-09, 10:43
Hi
I'm a 34 year old male from the uk, I have been suffering with OCD and anxiety since my teens. I have always been a worrier and an over sensitive person so I suppose I’m prone to suffering from an anxiety disorder.
I have received various medication and CBT for my OCD with some good results, I still have my bad days but I think we all do.
Recently I have been under quite a lot of stress, job interviews, new job, trying to buy house and wife being pregnant with 2nd child so its no wonder I have had panic problems over the past week. I was sent to Germany for a week to train, I couldn’t do it, I was filled with fear had panic attacks and just wanted to come home. I am now home and feel terrible. I have decided that the job is not for me due to the need to travel away a lot. I visited my doctor yesterday and he gave me beta blockers to get rid of the pains in my chest, it seems to work but the pain always seems to come back. I know its only been a few days of anxiety buts its making me feel horrible.
Will it ever go away? My wife is due to give birth in 3 weeks and I want to be well for that, plus I want to enjoy playing with my 2 year old daughter without feeling like this.
I feel shame and weak for having this problem, why can I not just be like normal people and not feel like I’m on edge and so nervous?
Sorry to rant I just hate the feelings.
Thanks.

jill
21-08-09, 23:06
Hi Lard :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site.

I am so sorry to hear you have been going through this for such a long time, my heart goes out to you :hugs:

It is good to hear that the meds and the cbt have help hunny.

Your going through a lot at the moment, please be kind to yourself, you have NOTHING to be shameful about hunny and you are defiantly NOT weak, PLEASE Hun, don't think like this, don't do this to yourself your feeding your anxiety with these types of thoughts. The strongest of man/ women, would find dealing with anxiety DAME hard to go through, if anything hunny, you ARE a strong and brave man, please try and see this.

YOU WILL at one point in your life be able to do all the things you want to do, BUT FIRST hunny, you have to try and learn to except how you are, FOR NOW, NOT forever, just for now. I know this is dame hard to do, but the more you fight agaist the anxiety, the more it comes.

Hun, you rant as much as you want, venting helps.

You have come to the right plase, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

Please take time to read through the site, there is lots of great info here, on threads and behind the boards, first steps how to cope, which is on the left hand side.

Hun, please try and believe you can get better and with alot of hard work, time and the right support, your mind WILL find way to do it.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXXX

teez
21-08-09, 23:16
welcome to nmp , theres plenty of us to chat too and compare notes with,,hope you settle in ok ,theresa:welcome: