PDA

View Full Version : New to site and panic attacks/anxiety

Kayro
21-08-09, 13:49
Hi, it's great to find some support out there. Having panic attacks is new to me, and follows a difficult work situation I've been coping with (or not!) over the past year or so. My friends and family don't really understand what's happening with me and, to be honest, neither do it. I'm starting to get the picture though and have just accepted that this isn't some horrible, life threatening physical condition, but all originates in my head! I'm doing all I can to move on from this, so any support you can give is very very welcome. Kayro :unsure:

Veronica H
21-08-09, 18:27
:welcome: to NMP. Glad that you have found us.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can't recommend this enough, as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover.

Veronica

pollyanna
21-08-09, 18:35
Hi Kayro.

I totally agree with veronica, claire weekes books are fantastic, i think they gave me my first ' lightbulb moment', when stuff started making just a bit more sense.This is a great website, havent been here that long myself, but good to be around people who totally 'Get it'. You sound from your post that you are ready to tackle this and as you say move on from it. goodluck, and there will be plenty of people to help/support/or cheer you along the way..

Best wishes

Pauline x:flowers:

jill
21-08-09, 19:35
Hi hun :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site.

Its good to hear that you no now that you DON'T have life threatening physical condition, this IS progress, YES :yesyes: you should be soo proud of yourself.

Please take time to read through the site, there is lots of great info in all threads but MORE great info behind this site, which is on the left hand side of your screen, first steps how to cope.

I know and understand that this emotional illness is not only hard for the sufferer, but family and friends too, they just don't understand,which I know it can be hard for them too, but you have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

CONS
21-08-09, 20:04
Best support i can give (even though you have the right idea about it all being down to you) is here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

I wrote it and if it helps save you time or stress then great.

Welcome :)

Kayro
21-08-09, 22:20
Thanks so much for all your messages, it's really encouraging that you all sound so positive! It's amazing how negative your thoughts become when you're going through this! I've been trying a few things over the past few weeks, and what's helped me best so far is homeopathy (with a qualified and experienced homeopath), exercise and I've also been taking multi vits (mainly B complex). My new homeopathic remedy should arrive tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that. I know it's no instant cure and will take a while, but I feel better for doing something to help myself. I've read a bit about the Rewind therapy, which is part of the human givens approach. Has anyone heard of or tried this?

CONS
21-08-09, 22:48
I take a daily multivit and a garlic capsule but no ive not tried a tailored homeopathic remedy. The human govens approach is new to me also, but by all means try everything available and find what works for you. the intention of constantly trying is a major step forward to beating anxiety and yes adrenaline can make your hands shake. Remember the last time you were in a fight? its a watered down version of that.