PDA

View Full Version : Bad Weekend

Karenc
09-10-05, 10:29
Monday was such a bad day for me I had pains in my leg and was convinced that I had blood clots I went to E&A but they took some test ECG and said I was ok this still did not settle me but from tuesday I was alittle more in controll the rest of the week went fine although I still had pains I was able to cope. Then weekend came and I just fell to pices I have had pins and needles all over my body wich has left me distaught I am trying to keep my thoughts irrational but am finding it difficult today I have got bad sharpe pains in my chest just on my left sid under my breast bone I keep on thinking something is terribly wrong but do not want to go back to hospital please can someone help reassure me am not dieying I thought I was doing so well this past week and cant understand why am felling like this as I did not think I was as anxious these past few days

hunny
09-10-05, 10:36
Hi Karen

You ARE NOT dying,this is purely anxiety.I know it can be hard to believe that anxiety can make us feel so bad,but it really and truly can.As you said youve had a good week,this is merely a blip.Is there anyone you can talk to?Even for a little distraction?
Also,i get chest pains a lot,they are very frightening,but your sounds very normal to me,i promise.
I have the flu at the mo and am terrified im going to get a heart infection,the power of the mind is so strong.
Hope you feel better soon

Hunny xx

Karenc
09-10-05, 10:41
Thanks Hunny

I know am going on but I really thought I was beating this thing so I cant understand why am feeling so bad now Its true the mind is such a poweful thing but even as a writing this reply my thought are all over the place I keep on thinking its not anxiety as there is no reson for be to be anxious so mine must be the real thing I am trying to distract myself but am finding it very hard thank you for your support.

Karen c

Quirky
09-10-05, 15:11
Hi Karen,
I know exactly how you feel. A few weeks ago my gp sent me to hospital for a suspected blood clot in my lungs, they said I don't have one but I was so scared for ages afterwards. I had my lungs and heart tested but still get breathing problems and really bad chest pains. I have recently developed tingling/pins and needles in weird places, particularly my face, head and arms so am now scared I have MS. Anxiety of course can also cause all these things. I've had anxiety for 2 years but never had tingling like this before even when hyperventilating badly.
Anyway I know how you feel, take care,
LJ