PDA

View Full Version : Bad anxiety on waking

Heebyjeebies
09-10-05, 10:57
I suffer frim this really badly every morning and it seems impossible to break this pattern. I usually wake when my husband gets up at 6.30 and it starts as soon as I open my eyes. Does anyone know any meds that can stop this. Would effexor help as I'm considering giving it a try.

tygwyn
09-10-05, 11:19
Hi

This seems to be the normal pattern of recovery. I am exactly the same and I'm hoping to help myself by accepting this and not getting too down about it when the inevitable happens (easy to say I know!!). I have also taken up exercise and try to do this straight after the school run to try and break the cycle. It seems to be helping.

I'm not sure what meds might help as I'm not taking any, but I've been told that its good to get up straight away, maybe get the radio on or something and eat straight away. I know that Meg (and a few others) used to use Valerian which is a herbal remedy and is known as natures Valium. You can get it from Holland & Barratt. You can just use it as and when needed and it also helps aid sleep. I do have some - thankfully I've only had to use it twice but its always nice to know that its here if I need it.

Good luck

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

Karen
09-10-05, 12:00
Hi Heebyjeebies

Do you do any kind of relaxation? Using a relaxation CD, or doing some other form of relaxation when you wake could help.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tygwyn
09-10-05, 13:32
Thats a good point Karen. I do a relaxation CD before I go to bed and try to do another one before I get out of bed (daughter permitting!). It really does seem to help.

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)