PDA

View Full Version : I hate my mind

pd
21-08-09, 20:27
I was just thinking earlier how it had been about two weeks since I'd had any HA about my chest, and how nice it was. No sooner had that thought popped into my head that I had palpitations. I'm almost 100% certain that I would not have felt that had I not that moment been thinking about it. Now I'm all panicky again despite the fact that I KNOW my mind is causing it.

I'm so sick of this :weep:

nomorepanic
21-08-09, 20:45
Well at least you know that it is not anything serious because it happens when you concentrate on it and think about it.

Try to see this as positive.

randomworry
21-08-09, 21:23
loool i hate my mind too i just cant stop worrying it is never ending but one day im sure ill find a cure!

hannahw
21-08-09, 21:31
my mind drives me crazy i get a thought of illness in my head and then it just takes over, till i cant sleep or eat or function normally. plus my health anxeity is my screate i hide it well even when i am having a panic attack or thoughts of illlness come over me in social situations i have learnt to hide them well. i feel so alone because there is no one who i can speak to or support me apart from my mum, who has been there with me and sat up with me all night on countless occasions when i thought i was dying . or i have cried over symptoms. i am lucky my gp surgery knows me and understands i have health anxeity

pd
21-08-09, 21:49
Thank you for replying

I've leaned to hide it well too hannahw, in fact I've never had a panic attack in 'public', I always manage to get myself alone first!

I know it's my mind, but I just wish it would leave me alone :mad:

Over the past year alone I've convinced myself I'm dying of about 30 different things. The logical part of me knows I'm perfectly healthy, but I still panic about getting ill.

Sick to death of it, to be honest :mad::shrug:

hannahw
21-08-09, 21:57
same here i find i get over one thing then along comes the next, i sit there and think why dont other people worry like me, i wish i was chilled. maybe one day it will fade away

randomworry
22-08-09, 00:18
u say u wish you were chilled maybe people think you are i guess no one knows we really arnt either which is quite fascinating. maybe those we think have no problems are just like us!

Ti
22-08-09, 04:28
Oh man, I understand you completely. I have the same problem.. the funniest/saddest is once I start thinking "wow, I'm feeling okay now, no dizziness/nausea/chest pain..." it only takes a second and those exact sensations start to set in. It's so unnerving, I could kick myself everytime... And although you know your mind brought these sensations up, you can't help but panic once again. It's so tiring :(
One of these days I WILL have a stroke from worrying over having a stroke...

pd
22-08-09, 11:18
Ti, I worry that I'm raising my blood pressure thus increasing my risk of a heart attack by all the stress I put myself through worrying about my heart.

We can't win, can we?!