PDA

View Full Version : burping and chest pain

kerri
21-08-09, 21:50
Hi its my first time posting on here. Im really sick of this HA. My latest worry is that im having a heart attack, im constantly burping then get chest and arm pain in the left side, its generally worse in the evening, I had a ECG a few weeks ago after i called an ambulance at 2am and that was normal and my GP also done loads of blood tests that came back normal, but I still constantly thinks they missed something. Im at a loss as how to cope anymore, I just want it to go away and get these awful thoughts out of my head

nomorepanic
21-08-09, 21:59
Sounds like acid indigestion to me with the burping

Not a heart attack - you would know if you had one trust me. I had one last year.

magpie girl
21-08-09, 22:01
hi kerri i get this alot ,all the air gets trapped in your chest and causes pain around the heart area try taking peppermint capsules to releive it and get some gaviscon or ant acids:D

sweetypie
21-08-09, 22:05
im suffering with this atm too hunni only i have nausea with it and a heavey stomach
im taking some tummy settlers to and really works on the burping
its been constant all day x

sweetypie
21-08-09, 22:07
also my dad ad a heart attack and died nrly 3 years ago dont want to scare u but hunn i am scared of a heart attack too specially as my dad died of one when i think about it i get chest pains headache and constant burping

kerri
21-08-09, 22:08
Thanks for the replies. Ive taken Gaviscon and antacids but they dont seem to do much to relieve the symptoms, I guess its my HA making the symptoms a million times worse and the more I panic the more I get the symptoms.

pd
21-08-09, 22:08
Acid reflux? If gaviscon or renitadine don't work go to the docs. If they say it's acid reflux ask for lanzaprozole, it's the only thing that got rid of mine. Sharp chest pains, burning throat, burping, etc, all gone. And he told me that the acid refulx was excacerbated by my anxiety, and my anxiety was excacerbated by the acid, they were making eachother worse.

hannahw
21-08-09, 22:11
it sounds to me like you have anxeity indegestion which can cause cause heart burn and burping and terrible pains. i was sat up with a few months ago throught the night. u are not having a heart attack you would instantly know there is not even time to panic or think of it. trust me the docs wudnt of missed anything with your heart plus bloods show up so much they tell so much by them, try to be postitive xxx

jill
21-08-09, 22:11
Hi hun :D:hugs:

Lets deal with FACT here hunny, :hugs:

You have been checked out and all is fine, GOOD, YES :hugs:

The FACT that you can pin point it to a time says its anxiety related, YES?

or think about what you have been eating during the day, if you suffer acid, foods can irritate this YES ?

I know this is dame hard for you because you suffer HA hun :hugs:but you have to TRY dame hard to deal with fact hun, an heart attack dose not know how to tell the time, please try and see this, ohh I know its hard for you hunny, but please try :hugs: Hunny the thoughts will not go away unless you challenge them, ohh I remember putting a link in on how to challege thoughts, I will go see if I can find it.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXXX

kerri
21-08-09, 22:14
I had some Omeprazole of my GP and it didnt really do much, I dont get heartburn, its just constant belching and left sided chest and arm pain which is worse in the evening and I have to resist the urge to call an ambulance, my logic side is telling me its anxiety but then the anxious side overrides any logic and it just goes round and round

jill
21-08-09, 22:15
Hi hun :D:hugs:

Here is the link, hope it helps...When your read the first page, click next page for more info..

http://www.paniccure.com/Approaches/...ic/Pizza-3.htm (http://www.paniccure.com/Approaches/CBT/Mastering_Panic/Pizza-3.htm)

This is hard to learn hun, but with time and practice, it does work.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

hannahw
21-08-09, 22:18
i to was given omperazole it doesnt work cause your symptons are al stressed related. it is so hard to let logic won when u are feeling these nervous feelings and even take in what other people are saying as logic. try to resist calling that ambulance, turn on the telly or the radio these are tricks i use, focus the mind

Ragna
22-08-09, 10:19
You are not alone. I suffer from exactly the same, and I think my downfall is fizzy diet drinks, and yes the worst time for me is nighttime. I tend to chomp on a couple of indigestion tablets as I get into bed, and it does seem to help.

I've been too convinced that it's something serious and to do with my heart, and there have been times when I'd could have rang the ambulance too. If your tests came back as negative then this is completely positive, as if there was an underlying problem, it would show up (as someone else said)

This pesky anxiety is a right pain in the butt :)

Littlemelly
02-08-14, 02:53
Have you found anything that helps to ease the anxiety?

I haven't been able to eat properly since a break-up the past 5 days but today was able to eat more. I think I started eating too fast and got trapped wind (my family are telling me it's trapped wind and I also keep burping). I am still very scared it is a heart attack though. I'm not sure how to work around it.