PDA

View Full Version : Worried Abt Bp Again

alba
22-08-09, 00:32
i DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY WHY, EACH TIME I VISIT DOCTOR I ALWAYS GET DIFFERENT BP READING, MY REGULAR GP ALWAYS GET ME HIGH AT 150/90 AND HE SAY I MUST TAKE MEDICATION HE SAY IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO PROLONG MY LIFE, BUT WHEN I GO ANOTHER GP SHE CHECK ME AT 130/80 OR 120/80, AND MY CARDIO CHECK ME AT 130/80, ONLY SOMETIMES IT'S 140/80. I AM CONFUSE MY CARDIO PUT ME 24HR ABP TEST LAST ONE IN JUEN 09 AND IT SHOWED NORMAL BP BUT CARDIO SAY IT'S LABILE BP, BUT THE READING ALL QUITE FINE SO TWICE IT'S NORMAL BP READING, THEN MY REGULAR GP SAY COULD IT BE THAT BOTH OTHER DOCTORS IS VERY FAST AT CHECK ING MY BP, I SAY NO, THEY PUMP AS NORMAL. SO IAM CONFUSE IF I DO HAVE HIGH BP OR NOT. I AM SO WORRIED BADLY BECOS NOWADAYS EVERYDYA I HAVE DIZZINESS GIDDY, LIGHT HEADEDNESS. I AM SO WORRY AND STRESS AND NOW COME MY HIGH CHOLERSTEROL I FEEL I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE I CAN'T WAKE UP FROM MY BED I AM SO SOS SO STRESS. HTNE MY WORK I AM SO UNHAPPY.

Jaco45er
22-08-09, 09:25
Hi Alba

That BP thing still driving you mad I see.

Let's get some facts down.

the World Wide Health organisation have guidlines for what is normal etc etc and from memory they are as follows:

120/80 Suggested optimal

130/85 High Normal

140/90 - 160/100 Hypertention stage 1 MILD

161/101 - 179/110 Hypertention stage 2 moderate

180/111 - 200/210 Hypertention stage 3 severe

and the new classification has a 4th stage, but it looks like a telephone number.

Now I am never ever going to argue with a Doctor, or advise anyone, that would be very irresponsible as I am not a trained health offical. But I do know a fair bit about BP after years of obsession, medical articals and various discussions with GP's and I can tell you this.

BP rises and falls, depending on your emotion, what you have consumed, time of day or what activity you are doing. This is how your body is designed.

A doctor would not make a diagnosis on one reading (unless it was dangerously high) and more often than not they would do a 24 hr monitor to get a full picture. Many people (including me) get white coat syndrome were your BP goes high at the doctors through nerves.

Now unless you have an underlying condition (like heart or kidney isses for example) even a constant reading in the MILD hypertention stage, a GP would probably suggest (and I say this with caution), a lifestyle change, ie more exercise, don't smoke, cut out saturated fats and especially salt/sodium etc.

Now think about it, if there is no rush to get you on meds at stage 1, that in itself proves you are at no immediate risk.

Even if you did high BP constantly then it is VERY successfully treated with medication these days.

Also, mildly high BP takes years and years to affect you, I am not saying ignore your BP readings, but do not be alarmed by them.

It is good you are checked out now, because this gives you a chance to respond positively to make changes that will benefit you in years to come.

High BP is not your immediate problem my friend, it's your mind and negative thoughts that are making you feel so bad.

My BP goes anywhere from 124/75 to 155/90 (I am silly, I have a home monitor) and these readings are nothing to stress about.

Also, your regular GP? there is good and bad doctors you know ;)

Take care

Jaco

den68
22-08-09, 09:55
i had a 24hour bp monitor because when i went to gp it was always up but when i tooh at home it was ok. The cardilogist said i was fine my bp is ok and its him who i choose to believe. You are getting stressed everytime you see this doctor thats why your bp is up when he takes it ( white coat syndrome )
The more you worry about it the higher it will get. Do what i did think if my cardiologist says its ok then it is. Did your cardio say you needed medication or did he say you didnt

hannahw
22-08-09, 10:08
i take peoples blood pressure all day and your bp will rise and fall through out the day depending on stress, food and water intake. 130 is a very norm blood pressure i wouldnt even worry about it. a cardiologist is a highly trained professional if any one will get a bp reading right it will be them take care and try to relax

alba
22-08-09, 13:46
my cardiologist gave me atenolol 25mg for my fast heart rate, my heart rate is always high too, like over 100beats /min i guess, and my heart always beat so so fast, then she gave me 25 mg atenolol for that, then last few weeks i did cholesterol check and for once my cholesterol raise up to 6.2 reading, she say very high and started me on zocor but i did not take, i would like to control it myself by limiting my food intake, then i keep on complaining to her why is it my bp always goes up when i go A&e and why i feel dizzy, and scared, panic, anxiety and worry too much, and i always complain to her that i am worried why bp went up always, and she said ok if ur bp is still high after taking atenolol then she started me on new medication that is higher she say that will protect yr kidney, well i did not take that medication becos i think she gave me that becos i complain my worries to her, if only i keep my mouth shut she just let me go with zocor, i guess i am to be blame. i am so confuse still , is it very bad that mybp is up and my cholesterol high too. i really don't wish to be on medictaion .