PDA

View Full Version : Confused and fed up!!

mothermac
22-08-09, 02:45
Recently been diagnosed with ME and referred to the ME team at my local hospital and told to pace myself at work (which isn't easy as I work in a Tesco Express store) and given an appointment to see a pyschologist in October.I have told my employers who have been ok about it but I feel very confused with the illness and don't know what to do.Some days I feel generally ok,others really wiped out but working makes it worse.I cannot leave as I need the money and I only do 16 hrs a week anyway,surely I can manage that?.I did a long shift yesterday(2.30 pm until 9pm)and I should feel wacked shouldn't I?,but I went to bed and couldn't fall asleep hence me on here in the early hours,I thought ME is supposed to make you feel tired not wide awake,I felt very tired whilst at work so what's going on?.My boss has been very accomodating,considering I have only been with them since November last year but my sick leave isn't good and my file is getting thicker and I am worried about the long term affects on my employment.My husband trys to be supportive but he has a busy job also and his own health concerns(he has Chrohns disease)so cannot always help me in the way I would like him too.Our daughter is 6 and we don't have much family support so we do tend to lean on each other a lot.I have volunteered for overtime this weekend as well 5pm until 9pm tonight,and the same tomorrow night,but I am regretting it now as I feel very unwell,that's what I get from opening my big mouth but I want to show willing and feel pressured that if I seem like I am not coping with the illness they will get rid of me,what am I going to do?.