PDA

View Full Version : How much time do you spend health-obsessing?

MandySlade
22-08-09, 04:25
It's gotten to the point where as soon as I wake up in the morning I start thinking "how do I feel today?" or "what's wrong today?". Then, the health anxiety fills pretty much all of my free-time-thoughts. At the end of the day I find myself going "I SAID I wasnt going to obsess like this anymore, but I spend ALL DAY worrying/thinking about my health". Then I start feeling like that must mean I'm crazy (which I have a phobia of.. going crazy) and that just makes me feel worse.

Anyone else have it like this?

Adelle
22-08-09, 05:02
Thats me. I recently moved house and I promised myself that I wont google symptoms and I wont obsess about my health. It lasted a day and before I knew it Dr Google was in my new home. It seems to be getting worse. I always had mild health anxiety but since I have had a baby and am home all the time its taking over my life. Good to know someone feels the way I do. I hope we can get better soon. :)

sandy35
22-08-09, 08:43
I have to say normally when i am sitting at home these days and i keep telling myself not to google the symptoms but do the complete opposite. I am also normally like this the next day after i have had a few drinks because my latest disease has been cirrhosis of the liver or liver cancer so i am checking my eyes for signs of jaundice and also any yellow patches on my skin.

Ragna
22-08-09, 09:03
It really depends on whether i have 'issues' at the present time.

When I'm really anxious, it takes over my day on and off. I google, & come on here tending to read 'real people' posts rather than the text book type posts.

Other times I rarely come on to 'No more Panic' Just depends on my state of mind.

hannahw
22-08-09, 10:13
i think ha thoughts can take over, like my gum is swollen and all i do is obesess about it from morning to night, could be oral cancer its driving me crazy, i think i need some coping thing

CONS
22-08-09, 11:02
I usually get 2 days a week whereas it dont really think too much in general, the other days are maximum overdrive.

What appointments do i have coming up?
Did i look for lumps and bumps today?
Which areas of my health have i been checked for?

etc etc etc

:(

MandySlade
23-08-09, 07:59
Thanks guys. It's good to hear from other people who feel the same way. I get to where my HA creeps into my thoughts all the time. When I'm watching movies, when I'm trying to have fun at a part, pretty much anything. *sigh*

Thumbelina
23-08-09, 08:57
all the time....

when anxiety sneaks in

first - i am looking fo the threats around - then when i dont find then, go inside....to look for something

BECAUSE CRAZY HEAD KEEPS REPEATING -SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG!!!!

work in progress.....

xBettyBoopx
23-08-09, 11:51
I spend almost every waking moment thinking about it. It's exhausting, you would think that there would come a point when none of it matters! Unfortunately that doesn't seem to happen, you would think it would 'burn' itself out!!

I never think I'm going crazy though. I just always think I'm dying of something.

Peace for all of us pleaseeeeeeeeeee, we don't deserve this misery.

Panic33
23-08-09, 12:19
It's gotten to the point where as soon as I wake up in the morning I start thinking "how do I feel today?" or "what's wrong today?". Then, the health anxiety fills pretty much all of my free-time-thoughts. At the end of the day I find myself going "I SAID I wasnt going to obsess like this anymore, but I spend ALL DAY worrying/thinking about my health". Then I start feeling like that must mean I'm crazy (which I have a phobia of.. going crazy) and that just makes me feel worse.

Anyone else have it like this?

This is exactly how I start the day and I get to the same point that i'm crazy and have panic attacks.

Mamfa85
23-08-09, 13:04
its got to the point were i dont like any body changes now,if im hot or to cold i worry.i wake up and scan for horrible feelings,signs i might be ill.id love to wake up and have a normal day.i drive my family mad asking them do i look pale or is it hot in here.

den68
23-08-09, 14:34
when my anxiety is high im awful i start checking my pulse cheking if my pupils are the same size, imagine rashes think i have ate something im allergic too and make my husband have a look to check my throut or tong hasnt swollen. It must drive my family mad but they have a look for me all the same. When i am not too anxious i dont do these things. So i am sure anxiety causes ha
denise

june
23-08-09, 14:43
I spend almost every waking moment thinking about it. It's exhausting, you would think that there would come a point when none of it matters! Unfortunately that doesn't seem to happen, you would think it would 'burn' itself out!!

I never think I'm going crazy though. I just always think I'm dying of something.

Peace for all of us pleaseeeeeeeeeee, we don't deserve this misery.
I thought peace would come with understanding:blush: I have read "the" books i have studied many "sites" read "symptoms" read "anxiety" etc etc.
I know a lot about HA / PA / Hypervent - and yet i still have MAJOR attacks of any or even all three. It is sooo distressing.
Best wishes
June

barbn
23-08-09, 17:11
OMG - you mean I'm not the only one in this world who does this??:scared15:

GemmaDennis
23-08-09, 18:35
Hiya All i no exactly what you mean mine is seemed to be being triggered when i have a late night its starting to affect me more the next day ive had late nigths all week and the last 2 days have been sheer hell im having non stop shortness of breath and i just feel like i cant cope so tonight ive promised myself to have an early night .. but i can relate to what ur going through from the moment i open my eyes i have the terror of dying and its lasting all day till i go to bed..!! this week there's been 4 days were have been not bad really but the last 3 have been terrible and the panic attacks and shortness of breath are really scaring me :(... im just glad ive got all you lot here for me :) as u all reassure me im not going crazy ..!!! xx

barbn
23-08-09, 19:17
The past two days have been hell for me - I have tried to hide it from my husband as I think he is about ready to trade me in. I wake up in the morning thinking about it, all day long thinking about it and go to bed at night thinking about it....my system is so screwed up from the anxiety. Right now I am obessing about colon cancer and am constantly finding symptoms that are "for sure" colon cancer. My bm's are too thin = colon cancer, I feel slightly bloated = colon cancer, My bm's are lose = colon cancer.....make it stop!

meg86
24-08-09, 10:40
I am the same :( the past year i have been obsessing about my health pretty much every day! its horrible and frustrating, i think i have had every kind of cancer and neurological condition and convinced myself ive had the symptoms to go with it.

Ive had anxiety for 2 years, the first year i obsessed about natural disasters this year health, if i read a story in a magazine about someone who died tragically by a brain tumour or something i get myself in such a state and convince myself i have a brain tumour.

Its not rationally normal people dont think like this! i try to keep reminding myself im anxious because im anxious but easier said than done :( .

I am glad i found this site, i felt so alone thinking i was the only person who felt like this, nice to know im not alone x