PDA

View Full Version : can't breath again

alba
22-08-09, 13:49
i don't know why this is the 3rd time i experience within 3mths time, i got it before and tdy again it happen, as i put face cleanser on my face i want to wash off the cleanser from my face, suddenly as i shower water on to my face, suddenly i can't breathe, as i close my eyes to let water wash the cleanser from my face, suddenly i just can't breathe, then i am so panic, scared, i open my eyes even there's soap on my face, and i keep splashing water on my face, i still can't breathe, i feel like i am drowning in a pool, i just can't breathe, it lasted a while, until i get to wash my soap by splashing water on it, then i am awake and alert after that. what's wrong i am now scared to wash my face.ever happen to anyone here?

suzy-sue
22-08-09, 13:58
Its just anxiety/panic ,it has nothing to do with washing your face ,it can happen anytime when you are suffering with sensitized nerves .The more you react to it the worse it gets .It can be scary ,but believe me it will not hurt you ..Suex

Cell block H fan
22-08-09, 14:09
This morning at work one of the saturday lads had to be picked up by his mum as he was finding it hard to breathe. I was a bit worried about him actually it even crossed my mind if he suffered from anxiety! I didn't speak to him, just saw him sitting in our dept with one of the first aiders breathing in & out of a bag? Must help I guess.

alba
23-08-09, 14:06
i am scared, it always happen when i am bathing, washing my face, showering my face with shower water, so scary, suddenly i can't control, can't breathe, like i am drowning, so sadnow i want to cleanse my face i am scared, i need to use scrub and mask, now i can't use. i am going crazy, i can't help myself when i can't breathe during showering my face. what is sesitized nerves. thanks.

Panikki
23-08-09, 14:25
Hi many things can trigger hyperventilation to come on..mine is definately stress and i get the breathing 24/7 (all day) when its bad! Maybe because you had an attack whilst washing you start to worry subconsiously and panic then the breathing rate increases and voila you have the hyperventilation everytime you wash...think more about how your feeling when you go to wash and you may find the answer. I know how scarey it must be as i really struggle to cope with the sensation of not being able to breathe myself ..but i have noticed it always gets worse when i'm stressed or panicking! Take Care Jodiex

xleannexwrightx
24-08-09, 00:38
Hello Alba, ur probably more aware of your breathing now by washing your face because once u first experienced the symptom, you now associate washing you face with breathing... if that makes sense? sorry hun not good at explaining.
For example, one night as i was drifting off to sleep (which is always an issue for me) i gasped up for air, like i stopped breathing, then had a mild panic attack afterwards along with all the symptoms lasting a few moments. Then every night that week i noticed it kept happening, sometimes more in one night than others...and it was because i was associating sleep with the panic...or not breathing. You might notice you are thinking about it before you cleanse your face, but its hard to ignore it too when you are aware of it... its because the neutral stimulus (washing face) has been paired with the feeling of not breathing (Panic)....then after a certain amount of repeated times the neutral stimulus (Washing face) will cause the panic by itself....Dont worry hun, nothing wrong with you, You will be fine :)
I found breaking the pattern helped, i started sleeping in different beds, friends houses etc... then once i got back into my bed i had a good nights sleep, Maybe try a different method of cleansing your face or do it in a different place....once u break the cycle you will be all great again hun :)
Sorry if this didnt help
xxx

alba
24-08-09, 16:32
thanks so much, tdy as i am rushing to get things done at home, just a very litle bit of rush, suddenly i felt so out of breathe, i am so scared, i can't breathe, and i have to open my mouth so so wide to catch my breathe, and as i am eating i can't even swallow my food, ok then for a moment i try to forget it and continue eating, just eat, and let my mind float fly while listening to my kid and hubby talking. then it is ok, then, it came back, now the whole night i can't sleep becos i cna't breathe, it's like i have to yawn so so much, so wide, to catch m y breathe, when i ask ppl, they keep saying it's yr heart alright or not, wow i am so worried when they ask me that, i started to think abt my hgh bp and high cholesterol and feeling legs hand like crawling ants, and i can't move that sort of things, it worries me, i feel i am so useles, with so many health problem and i keep on burping and gassess come out, like i bv to burp and then catch my breathe, burp and catach my breath and yawn, at last i give up, i feel my chest tight and heavy so iwake up and turn on my pc and type this, hoping to get some light her, when i lie down on my bed to sleep i fel chest heavy and want to burp. and yawn to breathe.