PDA

View Full Version : new member

ally1
22-08-09, 17:51
Hi im new to here, but sooo glad ive found it - have been havin panic attacks for the last 18 months, but nothin like ive had today since i woke up ive had the usual chest pain & tightening, pins & needles, hot flushes i also get terrible wind & cant stop burping ? But the chest pain still hasnt dissapeared is this normal ? it just feels like i have pulled a muscle not a stabbin pain, but a constant dull ache, if i start worrying about the pain too much it automatically brings on further things back to the tingling in my face & jaw ache am really not sure what to do next ???? any advice glady taken please

Kayro
22-08-09, 18:18
Hi Ally, welcome to the site. I only joined a couple of days ago too and it's great.

Sorry you're havin such a bad time today, just remember that it will pass. Do you do any breathing or relaxation exercises? A couple that I use are:

1. sit comfortably and take and inbreath for 7, and an outbreath for 11 (if you can). Repeat this a few times and things should calm down. or

2. clench your hands into fists and hold for a count of 20, then slowing up your hand and relax your arms, shoulders, chest, stomach and whole body. Repeat as many times as you like.

If you've been really tense, you may have strained a muscle and it will go away quickly, it's nothing to worry about.

The other option, if you're up to it, is do some exercise to reduce the adrenalin levels, jumping around should do the trick!

Hope this helps, Kayro