PDA

View Full Version : Hi new here

RJP
22-08-09, 20:32
Hi, this is my first posting on this site, I am so glad to have found it, its so nice to find others who are going through the same thing. I have suffered from Health Anxiety for nearly two years, I have just started to see a CBT but it still early days. I did think I was alone in how I felt but I have come to know that there are thousands of others with anxiety problems and that is a great thing to know that I am not alone. I have always been an anxious person but my anxiety increased ten fold after having my son. Its so hard to try and explain to others who dont suffer what its like when you get what they would call a simple sympton that is nothing to them, but the fear that grips me and the whirldwind of thoughts that rush into my head and wont go intill I have managed to convince myself that I have some awful illness normally cancer and am going to die right there and then is awful and I would do anything to stop feeling like this. Trying to take control of it and not let it control me is an ongoing struggle I am dealing with, but I am living in hope that I will one day be free of it.

I am sorry I have rambled on, just glad to have found somewhere to write.

Rachel

ilovetoast
22-08-09, 21:03
You are in the right place! I am new here too, and some of my feelings rotated around thinking I was dieing too! Normally I thought I had cancer, so far I've had testicluar, throat and lung cancer.

Now, either I'm wrong or I'm the unluckyest ass that ever lived and have them all.

Which do you think is more likely? lol

teez
22-08-09, 22:04
hello and welcome hope you settle in well,,and find the help you need, theresa x

jill
22-08-09, 22:47
:welcome: to the site Rachel

I am sorry to hear you thought you were alone with what you suffer with,:hugs: you have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

Please take time to read through the site, there is lots of great info on the left hand side, eg first steps, how to cope and lots MORE,

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

chantelle
22-08-09, 22:58
Hi Rachel

one day you will be free of this - it's awful but we each have the potential within us to overcome this illness and WE WILL!!!!!!!!!!

Take care and welcome to the site
Chantelle

bluesparkle
23-08-09, 08:32
hello rachel
and welcome to nmp...
you will get loads of good advice here and you are certainly not alone.
have a good look around...
rach
x

RJP
23-08-09, 19:41
You are right ilovetoast that is what I keep reminding myself of that if I had all these awful things I probably wouldnt still be here 2 years on. Just so scary how your mind works.

ilovetoast
23-08-09, 20:03
You're right, it is scary.

I geuss other people would think "oh I've got a head ache, it could be a brain tumour, don't be silly!" and move on, we on the other hand would obsess about it, think it through, see death and lord knows what trauma.

Reminding yourself (when you remember) seems to be the only and right thing to do because that convinces your subconscious I geuss...retrain your brain to what is more likely and more sensible.

It might be handy to keep a diary of illnesses, or a list, because surely looking at this long list of illnesses would make you laugh and reinforce just how silly it really is...you can't possibly have had all those illnesses, you should be able to laugh at it or at least realise it's impossible.

Hey why not do that here on the forums somehow?