PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

halfempty
10-10-05, 10:30
[^]

I am an older subscriber to these messages. (aged 63 years, but young at heart).

However, being a worrier doesn't seem to get any better, the older you get. As I have just become a grandma for the first time, my worries are for my beautiful grand-daughter, aged 2 months. Of course cot death plays a big part of the worrying, although the rate has fallen in recent years.

My best wishes to all of you and you get some help from these pages.

AMaskell

mazz
10-10-05, 10:38
hi half and welcome to this great site . i hope you find it useful and congrates on becoming a grandad

dream
10-10-05, 10:41
hi halfempty
welcome to this site
take care
denise xx

denise

Karen
10-10-05, 12:40
Hi Halfempty

Welcome to the forum. You'll get a lot of support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Marmalade
10-10-05, 13:23
Hi Halfempty

Welcome to the forum and congratualtions on becoming a grandma - I think it's the job of all grandmothers to worry, I know mine did!

Anyway the people here are really helpful and supportive.

Zoe

Meg
10-10-05, 13:37
Half empty

Welcome to the site.

There is a huge difference between worrying quietly to yourself and having anxiety which gets out of control and gives you symptoms and very difficult moments.

I hope your thoughts and worries are under your control .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

trac67
10-10-05, 13:56
Hi Halfempty,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of very good advice here, congratulations on your grand daughter, enjoy her they grow up too quick lol.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

carlin
10-10-05, 14:37
Hi Half empty,
Just wanted to welcome you to the site. I have found it very helpful being here, and have had loads of good advice from people who really understand. Congratulations on becoming a grandma!!!! I believe that will be my next step and am really looking forward to it, it must feel fantastic. Of course you will worry, but as has already been said so long as it doesn't get out of proportion, that's what grannies do!!!!take care and keep in touch.

tracyp584
10-10-05, 15:45
Hey Half,

Welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

halfempty
10-10-05, 16:07
:)

A big thanks for your messages, each and every one of you.

As already mentioned, I am a recycled teenager, so if any advice is needed that I can help with (as I have been round the clock and hopefully learnt something) feel free to email me. (if that is allowed).
I have been through divorce, eviction, death and many heartaches. but haven't regretted one minute of my life.

Best wishes to all
Angela

Angela

tygwyn
10-10-05, 16:28
Welcome to the site!

I'm sure you'll get lots of useful advice here.

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

seh1980
10-10-05, 18:41
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

nomorepanic
10-10-05, 20:35
Angela

A warm welcome aboard the forum and I hope we can be of some help to you and listen to your wise words too.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

chucklehound
11-10-05, 15:55
Hi Halfempty,

Welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and

meet some new friends too...

Congratulations on your new arrival!!![^]

Take care

Chucklehound

xxxxxxxxx

Sue K with 5
12-10-05, 22:40
Hi

Congratulations on becoming a grandma , Every mother has that fear and it is natural that as a grandma you should worry to because what affects your child affects you as well, and this proves how much you love your family !

I have five children and I have worried everynight I have put them to sleep even now and my youngest is 3

Dont worry your grandchild will be fine and you will overcome this worry soon

Sue with 5

scknight

pinkscrumpy
13-10-05, 18:25
Hi Half

Welcome to the site

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

halfempty
29-03-09, 17:30
Since revisiting my old posts, I am now the grandmother of 3 ! Rebecca who was 2 months old when I first posted, is fast approaching 4 years of age !

I now have 2 grandsons from my son and his wife, Joel just a bit younger than his cousin Rebecca and Robert aged nearly 10 months !

although I do still worry of course, I am now a bit blase about this grandparent lark !

Southern_Belle
29-03-09, 17:36
Hi Angela,

Welcome back! Congratulations on so many wonderful grandchildren and yes you do worry but glad not so much. Glad you are here.

Take care,

Laura

shep
29-03-09, 18:25
Hey Halfempty, can I rename you 'Fairy God Mother'!! Many congrats on becoming a Grandma. Sounds like you have a wealth of life experience so I for one look forward to running scenario's past u if that is ok....:blush:

A x x

sunshine-lady
29-03-09, 22:04
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

kittykat
30-03-09, 10:25
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, the chatroom is also very good, take care xx