PDA

View Full Version : Hi,new to NMP!

New Start
23-08-09, 04:39
Hello, I am Jo and I have suffered from panic attacks and medical anxiety for 4 yrs now. Recognised, that is! I have had bouts of mild to middling depression through out my life. I take no medication. I have had an NHS course of psyciatric sessions, which were helpful...they got me out of the house after a yr of being inside mostly.
I am now at a stage in my life where I would like to really try and shake this stuff off. I had dreams once, and would like to get round to them before I am too old to do anything! So, very pleased to find this site, and hopefully share some wisdom from those further down the path.... Thank you and chat soon!
Jo xxxx

New Start
24-08-09, 02:16
Thank you Tetley, I think it will be very helpful.

teez
24-08-09, 02:19
:welcome: to nmp

xleannexwrightx
24-08-09, 02:24
Hello Jo :) sorry to hear you have suffered that long, ive only personally had panic attacks and anxiety for 5 months, so i respect your courage to cope with 4 years of the symptoms, As im stuggling already! Im kinda new on here too, and so far have found it such a great support, so hopefully you can benefit from it too :) A big warm welcome,
And you are never to old to follow your dreams :) keep at it :)
xx

Mindy
24-08-09, 06:41
Welcoeme Jo,

I am a newcomer too and understand having longevity of anxiety/ panic attacks. It is so good to chat to others who can relate to this debilitating condition that can be sooo hard to explain to non sufferers. :blush:

Hopefully this forum will assist with some support and understanding that we all need during the tough times and by the way, well done on making the decision to try and shake this! You can do it! :yahoo:

Veronica H
24-08-09, 08:43
:welcome: Jo. Glad that you have found us and that you are making progress.
This is a friendly site with great support.

Veronica

pollyanna
24-08-09, 08:57
Hi Jo and :welcome:

As said by a few others , this is a great site, you will will get a lot of support here, and then hopefully you can catch up on all those dreams you have , you are never too old to dream and achieve the stuff you want..

good luck in your recovery

P x :flowers:

jill
25-08-09, 00:19
:welcome: to the site JO, LOVE the user name, new start, very positive :yesyes:

You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

This site has lots of great info, eg, first steps, how to cope and lots more, which is on the left hand side of your screen.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX