PDA

View Full Version : Safe dosage of Vitamen B?

desperate
10-10-05, 11:48
Hi all,

I have purchased some vitamen B from a reputable online healthshop.

the ones that i take at the moment are 2mg which i believe is 100% of the RDA. The ones from online are 50mg which is the highest strength they do. I guess i'm just a bit worried that it's a bit too much?

Can you over do it on vitamen b?

Also has anyone tried magnesium?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

tygwyn
10-10-05, 11:57
I was actually taking 100mg Vit B complex every day and I now cut it in half every day and so take 50mg every day. I think Meg says that after taking it for a month you can reduce to taking it every other day.

I also take Magnesium - its hard to pin point exactly what is helping me but I'm certainly feeling better than I was. I'm also taking Fish Oils, Evening Primrose Oil, Zinc & Vitamin C!

Hopefully Meg will be along soon to confirm the Vit B for you.

Take care

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

nomorepanic
10-10-05, 13:12
Have a look at this page on the website ...

Natural Remedies (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=remedies)

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

desperate
10-10-05, 13:46
Thanks mine is vitamen B6, i didn't know they broke it down particularly......

In the morning and pee yellow....check!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

tygwyn
10-10-05, 14:23
I was wondering what made my pee luminous yellow!!!

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

Meg
10-10-05, 14:41
Its the Niacin.

Desperate - next time get some B complex instead of just B6.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

desperate
10-10-05, 16:26
Sorry to be a pain but does the time release matter at all?

Meg
10-10-05, 16:51
Timed released are meant to be better as its a gentle release of active compound but I have never seen enough evidence to recommend them for vitamins - medicines is different

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

desperate
10-10-05, 22:38
I have 360 tablets of the niacin to get through first, doh!!

Oh well....

Is there really that much difference? Or should I really order some complex rather than taking these others for a year? Damn I was trying to save money by bulk buying!

I guess the time release thing is coz it is quite a high dose and might sustain your energy better over the day?

Meg
10-10-05, 22:46
Don't waste them.. It's much better than none at all.

Meg