PDA

View Full Version : trapped wind relief desperatly needed

claire m
23-08-09, 10:38
hi i was wondering if anyone has some good methods of getting rid of trapped wind:blush:
i have been suffering with it for 4 days now and it doesnt seem to be shifting.
It feels like its just going around and around my bowels:blush:
i have tried peppermint oil which is quite soothing along with the tea and also over the counter wind remedies but no luck.
It gets worse as the day goes on so bye night time im in agony.

shorty1969
23-08-09, 10:51
If ive got trapped wind i usually take a big gulp of fizzy juice and up it comes :) BUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRPPPP :)

kazzie
23-08-09, 13:30
Lol Shorty I was gonna suggest that

Fizzy ginger beer works well:yesyes:

Have you tried Andrews...powder you mix up into a fizzy drink

Or drink a really hot cup of tea(as hot as you can bear) that can work

Or try rubbing where the pain is that can shift it too

Kaz x:hugs:

bottleblond
23-08-09, 18:48
Claire

Boil the kettle and pour out a mug of water. Don't add any cold water to it and sip it as hot as possible without burning your mouth. It's an old wives tale but it really does work.

Good luck hun
Lisa
xxx

Welsh.Baz
23-08-09, 19:28
I keep a bottle of fizzy stuff to help get any trapped wind up. Of course theres the old baby way of getting someone to wind you.

reallyfedup
23-08-09, 19:33
If you drink alcohol, then try a mixture of port and brandy. My father worked for a brewery all his life and he swore by it! I get trapped wind with IBS and take buscopan.

teez
23-08-09, 19:34
and gripe water,,,really works honest:roflmao:

Plug4uk
29-01-12, 02:24
If you drink alcohol, then try a mixture of port and brandy. My father worked for a brewery all his life and he swore by it! I get trapped wind with IBS and take buscopan.

@ reallyfedup
I have just tried your dads recommendation and it works, please say a big cheers to him from me. :yesyes:

I got a glass tumbler and filled it 1/4 Brandy and 1/4 Port and the other half was boiled water, took a big swig and within a couple of minuets up came a big load of gas, good thing about it it also it goes to your head and makes you feel much better which helps with the pain. :D

Magic
29-01-12, 15:48
Hi Claire,
Yes port/brandy good one or--small glass brandy, hot water mixed with a little brown sugar.:hugs:

macc noodle
29-01-12, 16:11
Hot water is great and cheap!!!!! It really does work ................

not sure if I should add next bit of advice ............. but here goes ..................
if you feel windy down below rather than burpy! ...... then kneel on the floor, put your hands out in front on you (on the floor) and stick your bum in the air, head down and do some deep breathing - any trapped bottom wind should release!!!!!

apologies if tmi!!!

VioletWings
29-01-12, 16:21
Also, for wind in your abdomen area -hot water bottle!! (plus the method macc noodle posted above helps! haha)

Beyonderz
29-01-12, 18:30
if you feel windy down below rather than burpy! ...... then kneel on the floor, put your hands out in front on you (on the floor) and stick your bum in the air, head down and do some deep breathing - any trapped bottom wind should release!!!!!
Seriously, a very creative technique xD I am going to try this anyways because I have extreme amount of disturbing gas down below.

I hope my fiance doesn't see me releasing gas in that position, that moment it will be the end of our relationship... :D

Thanks anyways, hot water also sounds nice.

mikewales
29-01-12, 19:17
If its in your bowels, sit ups are the best way to shift it

scary
21-04-12, 05:35
I am trying the hot water just now and it is helping a bit Thanks

debbie666
31-12-12, 01:55
hiya
if you're in UK this really helps (not sure if drink is available in other countries, sorry)
a very hot very strong solution of peppermint cordial - schwepps, available from tescos & co-op, about £1'70ish, usually bought as a mixer for alcoholic drinks.

I make it up with at least 50% cordial then hot water, so its as hot as i can bear. works cold too but i didnt find it as effective.

burps clear your wind very quickly - so effective i used to catch my young kids with a bottle having burping competitions.:yesyes:

Anxious lu
31-12-12, 02:46
If I ever had An awful tummy ache due tO traPed wind and nothing was abOut my only relief would come if I lay on my back and moisturiser my belly firmly in clockwise motion.. Random I know but tried it once and it worked ever since, usually takes half hour or so

Anxious_gal
31-12-12, 04:31
If you have a bath tub, full it up as much as possiable with warm water .
If I've trapped wind in my tummy I find the bath seems to help shift some of it.

almamatters
31-12-12, 15:16
I was told by a nurse when I went for colonoscopy and was in agony with trapped wind, that a good method is to lie on your back , put your knees up and rock them from side to side. It did help a bit. xx

Tessar
31-12-12, 16:02

not sure if I should add next bit of advice ............. but here goes ..................

apologies if tmi!!!

yes this is what i would have described. usually give me relief (not sure about anyone in the vicinity - they would probably run).

Catalyst
01-01-13, 00:45
Haha, this post has made me chuckle! Partly because the OP had trapped wind 3 years ago (!) but mostly because macc noodle perfectly explained what I would have suggested. I get my kids to do that and it always works (add a bit of hip swaying for maximum effect!) :blush:

Oasisscott
05-02-14, 23:25

apologies if tmi!!!

WOW!!! Instant relief!!! Been clutching my belly all night and thought right let's google it. A**e up and thought of politicians and now rid of bad belly. Stinky living room though!! Lol

Fishmanpa
05-02-14, 23:36
WOW!!! Instant relief!!! Been clutching my belly all night and thought right let's google it. A**e up and thought of politicians and now rid of bad belly. Stinky living room though!! Lol

Ok... I'm ~LMAO!~ I can't get the vision of this out of my head now!
Fortunately, or unfortunately for those around me, I've not had an issue releasing trapped gas.

Positive and stinky thoughts

TooMuchToLiveFor
06-02-14, 01:52
Oh, my, gosh, between this thread and one other one……I finally have a smile on my face today! Thanks, NMP Friends! LOL!