PDA

View Full Version : concentrating

june
23-08-09, 12:12
i have just had the most terrifying experience
I was on MSN talking to my grandaughter - when my head went sooooo giddy - i was struggling to breathe - I gripped the desk to stop my self falling / spinning.
I was then heaving for breath.
Now obviously i am in a "bit" of a panic:blush:
Could i have been concentrating and holding my breath????
Anyone else experienced this????.
Must go and walk about panic taking hold
No one else felt this??????/
June

Veronica H
23-08-09, 12:37
:bighug1: Yes I get this too, especially when I am concentrating. It is very powerful isn't it? i have to grip on to things. I think it is because of incorrect breathing and the body just gives you a warning jolt.

Veronica

teez
23-08-09, 13:27
yup especially when im on my laptop, normally playing a game,,where i concerntrating really hard,,,i have to admit its very scarey,,,,

june
23-08-09, 14:14
:hugs: Oh my!! i just do not know how to reply.
I am still in the ""very nervous"" stage of my panic attack:weep:
I am so sorry that you both get this sensation too:weep:
BUT at the same time Soooooo relieved that you obviously knew what i was talking about:hugs:
I was so afraid i could not even cry - shaking so hard hubby could not get me to drink some water -
:mad: :mad: every time i seem to be coping - this is such a horrendous setback:mad:
Thank you both for your replies:hugs: VERY gratefully received:yesyes:
Best wishes
June

CONS
23-08-09, 21:05
Try reducing your screen resolution, brightness and contrast to reduce glare.

Also if you can increase the refresh rate up to 75HZ (or as high as it will go) to reduce flicker.

Ive had this and implimented the above to relieve it.

:)

mandie
23-08-09, 23:23
Hi

I get this to, so scary, get it when watching tv to

love mandie x

june
24-08-09, 09:11
Try reducing your screen resolution, brightness and contrast to reduce glare.

Also if you can increase the refresh rate up to 75HZ (or as high as it will go) to reduce flicker.

Ive had this and implimented the above to relieve it.

:)
Thank you, that sounds interesting.
How do i reduce brightness????? often find it a problem.
Mandy i agree it is very scary
June
:hugs:

CONS
24-08-09, 11:06
You will have buttons on your monitor screen, usually a menu button on flatscreens and arrow keys, have a fiddle around and see if you can find them, usually bottom right of the monitor.

june
24-08-09, 14:41
Thank you i will have a go.

tasia
24-08-09, 15:20
yes june the exact same thing happened to me one morning as i sat to watch the tv all of a sudden i came over giddy and thought i was going to fall off the chair.... it was really frightening i think it has something to do with breathing maybe. hope you feel better soon try not to worry xx