PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

shazzief
10-10-05, 14:58
I just wanted to say Hi. I am new to this forum. My name is Sharon and I suffer from emitaphobia. I have taken two steps now to try and help myself, I have joined this forum and I have made an appointment with my nurse to see if I can get further help. I have suffered from this phobia since I can remember and have been too frightened to confront it and get it sorted. I'm still very nervous.

dream
10-10-05, 15:09
hi sharon
welcome to this site every one here is so helpful and have lots of great advice , well done for taking the first steps , take care
denisexx

denise

Karen
10-10-05, 15:15
Hi Sharon

Welcome to the forum. Well done for taking the first steps towards getting yourself some help with this. I hope the appointment with the nurse goes well.

You'll find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tracyp584
10-10-05, 15:42
Hey Sharon,

Welcome to the site,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Barb
10-10-05, 15:52
Hiya Sharon

A big warm welcome to the site, you will get lots of help and support here.

Barb xxx

Meg
10-10-05, 16:08
Hello Sharon

You are not alone in this but it can be overcome.

EXPOSURE THERAPY... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2712)
To Emetophobia sufferers (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2253)
1st day CBT exposure for emetaphobia = scary (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4930)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tygwyn
10-10-05, 16:27
Welcome to the site Sharon and well done on taking the first steps towards recovery!

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

3faces
10-10-05, 16:50
Hi there Sharon!

Like the others have said, you will get lots of support and hopefully some helpful information at this site. We're all here to support each other!!:D
I hope all goes well with the nurse and its a really positive step that you are trying to help yourself. Keep going!:D

Jem xxx

trac67
10-10-05, 17:01
Hi Sharon,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of help from the site and make some good friends, stay positive you can beat this.
Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

seh1980
10-10-05, 18:40
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

nomorepanic
10-10-05, 20:36
Hi Sharon

A warm welcome aboard and I hope we can offer you some advice with your phobia.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

clickaway
10-10-05, 21:28
A warm welcome, Sharon.

I have found this site so supportive, and hope you benefit similarly.

Take Care ,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

tammyg
10-10-05, 22:01
Hi Sharon,

I have this too. It sounds like you have made some positive steps already. Being on this site has definately been the reason I have started to move forward, I hope it does the same for you.

Tammy x

chucklehound
11-10-05, 15:51
:D Hi Sharon

Welcome to NMP!

Chucklehound

xxxxx

bluesparkle
11-10-05, 16:29
hi sharon...
welcome :D
this site is great and the people are great too and very supportive...
well done making the first step...
let us know how it goes with the nurse
rach
x

shazzief
11-10-05, 18:02
Wow! Hi Guys. Thanks for the welcome. I saw the nurse and she was brilliant. I told her wasn't expecting miracles and didn't expect to be fully cured. She told me that most phobias are curable which made me feel even more positive about getting this sorted! I have to see my doctor on Thursday and he is going to refer me to a Physcotherapist. I'll let you know how it all goes!

Incii
11-10-05, 20:49
Hi Sharon
welcome to the site :o)

I too have this phobia, also for as long as i can remember, i have had some therapy and have made huge steps forward so you keep building on these steps you have taken and i'm sure things will start to improve, PM me if you ever want to talk

Sharon xxxxx

Sue K with 5
12-10-05, 22:42
Hi Sharon

Welcome to NMP ! there are some interesting posts on your phobia which should help you greatly !

Welcome and take care

Sue with 5

scknight