PDA

View Full Version : Small red lumps at the back of my Throat

antrob1000
23-08-09, 15:14
I have 3 small red lumps at the back of my throat. I first noticed them about a month agoo when i had a cold/Flu and thought they were just related to me being ill. Bu one month on and these small redish lumps are still there. Does anyone else have these in the bak of throat.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Stressed32
23-08-09, 16:16
Hi Anthony-
In Feb. strep throat was going around my school. I did not have a sore throat...but I took a flashlight and looked into my throat for the famous white bumps that come with strep. There were none...but I had what you are describing. I went to the Dr. and she told me it was an infection and stuck me on antibiotics for 20 days....still there. Went to a different doctor and she said they were viral.....still there.....went to 2 other doctors who told me they were normal...still there....they caused me great stres for a long time. I was looking in my throat to see them every day. I tried everything to get rid of them...vitamins, honey, salt water gargle etc....still there! So my aunt looked in her throat....and she has them too. Perhaps these will to ease your mind:

http://www.netwellness.org/question.cfm/57918.htm
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38966&highlight=tonsil+stones

They are just normal lymph tissue and taste buds. Good luck.

antrob1000
23-08-09, 20:06
Thanks for your advise made me feel a bit better.
Thinking weather i should book a dr appointment or not.
I havent been to see a dr for just over a month as been trying not to go for just reassaurance. I have CBT tomorow may ask her what i should do all confussed and anxious at the moment

Anthony

CONS
23-08-09, 20:44
Yes make an appointment to rule out your concerns, you dont have to go to the doctor either, a dentist will be happy to look for you whilst your having a check-up. They can spot signs of many things and are soley experts in all things mouth related.

Win win.

antrob1000
24-08-09, 08:11
Thanks for youreply. I had a check in July and all was OK. But as my worries are nearly always about the mouth. I have been going to the dentist nearly every month so also trying not to see the dentsist reguarly as its gettign to be a JOKE. I have a CBT session today so gogin to ask her for advice.

Thanks for you reply

Anthony

linda5508
25-08-09, 20:27
Well it could be strep throat (http://www.strepthroatsymptoms.org). I'm not sure though. You should see a doctor.

xBettyBoopx
26-08-09, 02:36
I have some raised bumps right at the back on my tongue. I've had it on & off for ages & feels like there's hair there & I keep trying to clear it. I went to drs today & all she gave me was cordosyl mouth wash!! Not sure how I'm gonna get mouth wash right at the back of my tongue, I'll have to gargle with it I suppose, then I'll be scared that I'll swallow the stuff!! I don't have a sore throat and the bumps don't hurt, but they are irritating.

Sorry, this is about you, not me!! When you say back of throat, do you mean on the tongue? How did you get on at CBT?

Els

antrob1000
26-08-09, 08:10
MY health anxiety is goign mad at the moment as I have ago 8 things that worry me about my mouth. (They cant all be cancer)

Regarding the raised lumps they are actually at the back of my throat and not the back of my tongue.

By the way your are meant to have some raised lumps at the back of your tongue. I have quite a few different lumps there. I hope they are normal I had a dental check up recently and teh dentist checked my tongue.

My CBT is via my private health insurance taht the company I work for provides. You can get CBT on NHS but the waiting list was huge so decided to go through my medical insurance.

Anthony

antrob1000
26-08-09, 08:35
Sorry missed read your question. Ive only had 2 sessions so far so hard to tell. So far I have had to write down in a diary what me worries are every day and every time I check my mouth as they think I have OCD and health anxiety.

They give you home work to do (its like being back at school) At the moment I hav relaxing excerise to complete along with breathing before they start to stop my worrying and obsessive behaviour.

mingdabeta
27-03-11, 07:07
From your history I think you don't have a strep throat, for you just recover from flu. Ordinarily the strep throat (http://www.healthcare-online.org/Strep_Throat_Symptoms.html) will not accompany with flue/code. Hope this helps for more people.

Sla123
08-04-17, 08:35
I have had small pinkish spots at the back on my throat for a year or so, they are not painful at all, but they don't look normal? Any ideas ? Thanks

Blue23Blent
07-09-18, 15:24
I have had small pinkish spots at the back on my throat for a year or so, they are not painful at all, but they don't look normal? Any ideas ? Thanks

So how’s everyone doing? I still have the dry throat feeling and feeling like difficulty swallowing and what not. I also have red bumps at the back of my throat that haven’t gone away. I’ve been on reflux meds and allergy meds but still there. It’s not sore just dry and what not.

Not sure what it is.