PDA

View Full Version : so tired

morob
23-08-09, 16:38
Hi i have been off work for 6 weeks with anxiety/ depression, i am on 5mg of cipralex each morning , i have slowly begun to do more, not all of it i enjoy, but i push myself through the anxiety, 4 days ago my mum fractured her hip, so the last few days i have had to be at hospital each day (something i find difficult), but each day i have managed, but today i feel so exhausted, my eyes are sore and i hardly know how to function, could this be because i have too much, or is it a reaction to the anxiety ? at the minuet i am trying to get ready to go the hospital again, but i already feel like i have run a marathon ! Is this a normal feeling ?

CONS
23-08-09, 20:55
There is a saying on my group therapy wall that says "only do what you feel comfortable with unless it stops you from moving altogether".

There is some truth in that. Your body is amazing in the ways that it lets you know when things are not quite how they should be. Its good that you recognise it and doing what your not entirely comfortable with right now is also a bonus as your pushing yourself. Obviously not to go too far is key but still.

Try some eye drops or not to rub them if they are sore. Also if this tiredness is more than your used to just be careful and monitor yourself. Its a bit like driving in the snow "dont do it unless you absoultely have to".

Take care :)

deb-22
23-08-09, 21:01
hello .... sorry to hear about your mom
have you tried relaxation cds I find they really help xxx good luck